'Known Good' Service/Tuner/Dyno/Tire Locations for NorCal (sticky)

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll start off with a couple I use, and Trust 100%. Post yours too.

Valaya Racing - Full Service Viper Location - San Jose, CA - 408-297-1990 (Al,Ted)
Auto Options - Alignment and Tire Mounting - Berkeley, CA - 510-526-9800 (Bill)

DVS_V10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I work for Full Function Technology in union city 510-475-5855 www.fftec.com we have a mustang dyno once I get my car up on it and make sure it will strap down safely. I am sure we can arange a dyno day.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I work for Full Function Technology in union city 510-475-5855 www.fftec.com we have a mustang dyno once I get my car up on it and make sure it will strap down safely. I am sure we can arange a dyno day.

Sounds good. ILLSMOQ got a dyno day going awhile back, there was about 8 of us with Vipers. Would be fun to do another one. I'll have to get my headers on before then.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, I took my car to custom alignment. I had them do a full alignment and corner balance....it was a little over $600.00. In talking to other people I've been told that is about $300.00 too much....there are supossed to be a few other options for alignment around here.....anyone?

Anyway the car goes straight ;)

DVS_V10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know, I took my car to custom alignment. I had them do a full alignment and corner balance....it was a little over $600.00. In talking to other people I've been told that is about $300.00 too much....there are supossed to be a few other options for alignment around here.....anyone?

Anyway the car goes straight ;)
I had my EVO done there and in my opinion when it comes to a suspenshion setup you get what you pay for and they do a great job. I just hope you have adjustable coilovers on your car or you did get riped because that is the only real way to corner balance a car.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah coil overs...Motons

Valaya also does alignments, they have a mobile guy that comes in to do them. He does corner balance too.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curtis,

Some of the Norcal guys have had good luck with Edge Motorworks in Dublin.

Edge Motorworks
6443 Golden Gate Drive
Dublin, CA 94568

They've done alignment and corner weighting for their C5's. Much better pricing than Custom Alignment also.

OP
OP
K

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
600 is high, but not robbery including a "perfect" corner balance. I could easily burn up 5 hours taking my time on a race alignment. For the more advanced alignments its usually book rate x hourly. 5 x 110 = 550

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was last year but I remember not being too thrilled about my experiance with Custom Alignment. I'm up for trying some where else next time.

Edge - got it, thanks Matt.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your not going to DC your not feeling the love. I wouldn't trust Valaya to work on my red wagon. Just my opinion. Heading down to DC for a dyno tune in Feb or March.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I have not made it down to DC yet. Things came up like a job...... Which is a good thing. I do want to go and get it tuned by a pro. He did my computer but, also Dan told me that he can get more from the motor and just make it run better. I am up for it. Maybe he would be up for a discount on a group as well. Not sure how long it takes to tune one of these cars but, seems like a worth while trip.:2tu:

Canyon707, we should caravan from norcal to socal and do a tune session, maybe get a group discount?

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I have not made it down to DC yet. Things came up like a job...... Which is a good thing. I do want to go and get it tuned by a pro. He did my computer but, also Dan told me that he can get more from the motor and just make it run better. I am up for it. Maybe he would be up for a discount on a group as well. Not sure how long it takes to tune one of these cars but, seems like a worth while trip.:2tu:

Chris,

I think I would like to make the trip to DC for a tune also.