New Regional Forums

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested in what is happening in YOUR regional area? VCA Members can now post in their very own regional forums! Take a look at the main forums and scroll down to Regional Forums. They are listed in alphabetical order (US, Canada, Europe, & Japan all grouped together) and are a great place to connect up with LOCAL VCA members.

Not a VCA member? Well, you can read the forums but cannot post there - we are trying to avoid unsolicited ads and spamming in those forums.

And for those that are worried about all of that monitor "real estate" they take up, here is a nifty new feature with this software: You can go to any section header on the main forums pages (General Viper Discussion, Archives, Regional, Comp Coupe, etc.) and click the little arrow/carrot on the far right. Voila! It "collapses" that entire section so that you don't have to scroll past those you might not be interested in seeing.

Another cool trick with this new software? Look at the bottom right corner of the page from any forum or post you are viewing (not writing) and you will see a nifty little thing that says "Forum Jump". Just click the drop down menu and "jump" to any forum you like. Cool, eh?

We hope you enjoy these new features and keep watching for more! :2tu:

PS. Please try to let the folks from the respective regions start posting there first and confine your posts to your region. The main discussion forums is where we mix 'em up!

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great news, how come am i not able to post in my region?

may i suggest, i beleive this makes a little bit too many region maybe joining a couple of them would be good, like northwest, southeast, canada, etc.

jut a though.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great news, how come am i not able to post in my region?

may i suggest, i beleive this makes a little bit too many region maybe joining a couple of them would be good, like northwest, southeast, canada, etc.

jut a though.
Right now we have limited the posts in the regional forums to VCA members only. The main reason for this is to avoid spam from "hit-and-run" car show vendors, etc. You should be able to read them as you like - just not post.

As for joing regions, this is how the actual regions are set up within the club. More importantly, it helps narrow down the focus for local events. Guys in Vancouver aren't going to care about a car show in Toronto, right? We are hoping this will stimulate activity in the various areas...

Thanks for your feedback!

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i understand the reason behind the fact only members can post, the only thing i find sad is if someone would be shopping for a viper, asking precise questions about a specific viper in that region or looking to see what kind of group or market is there, he could not do so. Also, a possible future member could not ask questions about the club in that region before deciding if he wants to join or not. (this is more true in my case since i am in Quebec, where most people speak french, we are kind of in a different market than the US)

anyway, just my thought, i really like the new forum by the way.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i understand the reason behind the fact only members can post, the only thing i find sad is if someone would be shopping for a viper, asking precise questions about a specific viper in that region or looking to see what kind of group or market is there, he could not do so. Also, a possible future member could not ask questions about the club in that region before deciding if he wants to join or not. (this is more true in my case since i am in Quebec, where most people speak french, we are kind of in a different market than the US)

anyway, just my thought, i really like the new forum by the way.

We greatly appreciate the feedback. Generally we get most of the Viper-related questions in the main forums and those are the ideal places for potential owners. You can also get a good idea of the club activities from the regional forums - well, give 'em a couple weeks to be found by the masses and you will. ;)

If you are interested in finding out about a particular car I would suggest sending a PM to somebody in that region and asking if they would post it for you. Heck, I could probably do it for you as well. We just want to make sure that there are no spammers, stalkers, or other stuff in those forums - ever.

Hope this helps!

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, thanks for the answer, i will be a member in a short period of time so this is not going to be an issue anymore.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really am looking forward to using these new forum's this summer. I think they are a great idea. Plus, now that I am starting to get the hang of this new software I am really starting to like it. Especially the search page. :2tu:

Let me say this as well, even though I don't know what really took place with a certain company, I am glad to see the ban lifted on posting their name. It makes it seem like more of democracy and less of a dictatorship. Let the members learn from other members and not necessarily be told what they can or cannot say, unless it is ****** or not in good taste, or in any way implies that yellow vipers are not fastest.;)

Great job. It was well worth the mighty effort put forward. Continue the good work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62