Behold.... CCW 505A, Eibachs, Rotos/pads, System PICS PICS PICS

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is... Everytime I look at the damn thing It's like love at first sight :headbang:

The Viper is ready for summer :D :D :D

Took it over to Bryon Muller at Underground Motorsports in Northern Virginia and he put some new rotors and pads, (great brakes.com) CCW 505A wheels and some Eibach lowering Springs in. He also added some chrome emblems. Bryon does great work and is super careful so if you live in the MD/VA area definetely hit him up.

Also Replaced all the factory speakers with inifinity, and threw in a pioneer head unit.

Ok enough talk, time for pictures.

You must be registered for see images

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you find a set of Eibachs? I would love to have a set for my car.

Ray

I could not find any Eitbachs either. I just lowered mine over the winter with the Intrax 1" lowering springs. Cost new with Shipping was $190.
So far the look is good, I can't report on the ride as I am waiting for the weather to break, so I can get the alignment done.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks AWESOME!
I also have pretty much the exact same set-up. I haven;t installed the Eibachs yet but will once i get back home, how do you like driving with them? Do you scrape the ground often?

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks AWESOME!
I also have pretty much the exact same set-up. I haven;t installed the Eibachs yet but will once i get back home, how do you like driving with them? Do you scrape the ground often?

Well I only drove a few times since it's been lowered. I need to go get an alignment done as soon as this damn storm passes. It has been raining for a week straight.

I scraped once (just a tad) at a gas station but I went in at a horrible angle.

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 505a's as well and need to get my caps carved. Will your guy do them alone, or only if he sells the wheels?

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 505a's as well and need to get my caps carved. Will your guy do them alone, or only if he sells the wheels?

just call up CCwheel.com im sure you can order center caps with the viper logo from them, or send them yours.

FastToy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome....I am looking to buy new rotors and pads too.....Are those EBC rotors and which pads did you buy...the green or red?.....Please give me some info on brake dust and noise or anything else you love or hate about the new brakes....

Thanks....

Jim

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome....I am looking to buy new rotors and pads too.....Are those EBC rotors and which pads did you buy...the green or red?.....Please give me some info on brake dust and noise or anything else you love or hate about the new brakes....

Thanks....

Jim

I got the ebc greens, haven't driven it much yet to know about the brake dust and noise, but i'll let you know soon as i do. It still 40-50 degrees and raining here so not much time to get out there.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All I can say is... Everytime I look at the damn thing It's like love at first sight

Nice wheels. I'm considering a set of these myself. Did you look into the cost of having them chromed versus the factory polished finish? I've read where a few owners ordered new tires and CCW wheels and had them shipped directly to California Chrome, where they were chromed, mounted and balanced and then shipped to the owner.

I believe it added over $1,000 to the total cost but at least this way you don't have to be concerned with a local shop damaging the new wheels when mounting the tires. Also, I read the other day where someone paid $100 per wheel to have the tires mounted and balanced because of the wider size. The cost of the chrome plating isn't near as high when you factor in that extra $400.

On the rotors, did they come with any mounting instructions on which way the slots should face when rotating? I notice yours curve rearward, which is the way I'd do it. However, several discussions on this in other threads say it should be the opposite direction.

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is... Everytime I look at the damn thing It's like love at first sight

Nice wheels. I'm considering a set of these myself. Did you look into the cost of having them chromed versus the factory polished finish? I've read where a few owners ordered new tires and CCW wheels and had them shipped directly to California Chrome, where they were chromed, mounted and balanced and then shipped to the owner.

I believe it added over $1,000 to the total cost but at least this way you don't have to be concerned with a local shop damaging the new wheels when mounting the tires. Also, I read the other day where someone paid $100 per wheel to have the tires mounted and balanced because of the wider size. The cost of the chrome plating isn't near as high when you factor in that extra $400.

On the rotors, did they come with any mounting instructions on which way the slots should face when rotating? I notice yours curve rearward, which is the way I'd do it. However, several discussions on this in other threads say it should be the opposite direction.

I have had chrome wheels before, and I love the fact that they are super easy to clean, but I chose not to this time. They are just a bit too flashy for me. Polished is a much cleaner look I think, just a PITA to keep clean. I do believe it is an extra $1000+ yes and they will chrome them for you.

I purchased the tires from CCWheel as well, so they mounted them for free I believe, so there wasn't really a factor of having to get them mounted myself.

As for the rotors, good question. I am not sure which way they are suppose to be facing? hopefully someone can chime in here and answer that I would really like to know. I will see if I can find any documentation on it.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As for the rotors, good question. I am not sure which way they are suppose to be facing? hopefully someone can chime in here and answer that I would really like to know. I will see if I can find any documentation on it.

I did a bit of Google searching and found the following article on this. According to it the direction depends on which way the internal vanes are oriented. The slots or drilled holes don't have anything to do with it.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/faqs.shtml#16

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper