Can someone direct me to the "start viewing thread at last unread posting" setting

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to open an existing thread and landed at the first post I hadn't read.

Now I open an thread and it shows me the first post, so I have to scroll down or go to the next page.

I've looked at the CP area and haven't found it - sorry. Anyone help? Thanks.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Can someone direct me to the "start viewing thread at last unread posting" settin

tom, are you talking about hitting that little yellow square next to the thread title ? try that. i think thats what ya need to do.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Can someone direct me to the "start viewing thread at last unread posting" settin

Hello Tom,

Are you talking about setting the thread option to be ascending or descending? If so you can find it under Edit Option in your CP... I have mine set to Linear as shown below

Thread Display ModeHere you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page. Linear - Oldest First Linear - Newest First Thread Display Mode:

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

tom, are you talking about hitting that little yellow square next to the thread title ? try that. i think thats what ya need to do.

This has been driving me nuts also. Your correct! It is the yellow box that needs to be clicked on. Thanks

Reaction score

Correctamundo! If you HOVER over the yellow icon it will even SAY "go to first new post". :)

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cool!!!! that's better.

Skeeter

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks. I was going nuts over this as well :crazy: Sure would be nice if it became an automatic setting like it used to be.

Reaction score

Hmm, it is automatic for me. If I click the yellow icon (maybe it should be a SNEAKY PETE???) I automatically go to the first unread post. Then...if I want to start from the beginning to review the entire thread, I just click the title.

This has become the standard, it is new for us.....but once you get the hang of it you'll like it. :)

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

whew, glad I wasn't the only slow one...

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the posting Tom, you just saved me alot of grief!!!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The instructions on how to go to the first new message has been in the These New Forums thread since April 8.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456