Ceramic Brake Pads for SRT-10

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where can I get them for the 06' SRT-10 so I can cut down on the brake dust? How much?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry about that guys, I just updated the pricing of pads on my website. I dont know what the hell I was thinking when I put them all up there, they were priced as 4 wheel sets and listed as 2...

Duh is me...

Last edited:

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brake dust means the brake pads are working, no dust makes me wonder if the pads are working or working as well. Cleaning the wheels is far easier than cleaning a wrecked car because the brakes don't work as well. I used the Mintex pads which are standard for the CC on my SRT10when I was useing it on the track. They work great stop the car better and dust even more than stock, but at least they stopped the car better than stock pads, and after all that is what they are supposed to do.

Just my humble opinion, but stay away from the ceramic pads, there is a reason they don't "dust " as much.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The amount of dust means little in the grand scheme of things, ALL brake systems have to have a sacraficing component, and will all make at least SOME dust. What does matter is the type of dust, and what exactly gets sacraficed. Metallic pads like OEM emit tiny metallic particles which are sharp, and easily become embedded in damn near anything, making it "stick" to surfaces. Metallic pads also sacrafice rotor material, as well as themselves to create the needed friction to stop- This in turn causes a large amount of metallic dust to be created.

Non-Metallic Pads on the other hand are self sacraficing, and generally do very little to the rotor. The coefficient of friction is the same, though the dust is not metallic, it is organic. Thus it is not as dark, doesnt stick as well, and overall produces less. The downside to organic compounds is their heat handling ability, which is far below that of metallic compounds. The EBC reds are a semi-metallic pad that offers the best of both worlds, a trackable, street friendly pad that produces low dust by nature. What more can you ask for? Are they the best choice for racing? no, but they can handle track days without a problem, and that is far more of a pad than you will ever need on the street... the rest is just a bonus. The only downside to running them REALLY ******* the track is that they wear more quickly at those temperatures than a true track pad designed for that temp range, but in reality, they are a consumable anyway. If you plan on tracking the car often or for extended intervals and want longer pad life, switch to the EBC Yellow pads instead- but as a result you are then going to increase dust again in order to increase the wear interval.

Last edited:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This belongs in a FAQ

The amount of dust means little in the grand scheme of things, ALL brake systems have to have a sacraficing component, and will all make at least SOME dust. What does matter is the type of dust, and what exactly gets sacraficed. Metallic pads like OEM emit tiny metallic particles which are sharp, and easily become embedded in damn near anything, making it "stick" to surfaces. Metallic pads also sacrafice rotor material, as well as themselves to create the needed friction to stop- This in turn causes a large amount of metallic dust to be created.

Non-Metallic Pads on the other hand are self sacraficing, and generally do very little to the rotor. The coefficient of friction is the same, though the dust is not metallic, it is organic. Thus it is not as dark, doesnt stick as well, and overall produces less. The downside to organic compounds is their heat handling ability, which is far below that of metallic compounds. The EBC reds are a semi-metallic pad that offers the best of both worlds, a trackable, street friendly pad that produces low dust by nature. What more can you ask for? Are they the best choice for racing? no, but they can handle track days without a problem, and that is far more of a pad than you will ever need on the street... the rest is just a bonus. The only downside to running them REALLY ******* the track is that they wear more quickly at those temperatures than a true track pad designed for that temp range, but in reality, they are a consumable anyway. If you plan on tracking the car often or for extended intervals and want longer pad life, switch to the EBC Yellow pads instead- but as a result you are then going to increase dust again in order to increase the wear interval.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used greatbrakes.com since 2000 for EBC's for my cars, I got a set of four from them for $226.

Dave.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456