You must be registered for see images attach

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great!!!

Mine is red just like yours and I've always wanted to add a wing like that.
Can you give more info on where you bought the wing and how much. Few more pictures and installation tips would be great!! Thanks.

Bumbles

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The wing looks great I just don't think I could put a drill to my car. That pic scared me! :D

OP
OP
B

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I figured you all would like the drilling that is why I posted it. I have no problem drilling holes in my car. It's only a car. I do this stuff with all my vehicles.
Sometimes you must sacrifice to gain.

I bought the wing from Jon at the parts rack. I had to put about 10 hours of body work into the wing before I painted it. They do not come perfect.
Drilling of the holes was not easy either. I don't show it here but I had to oval the holes to get the wing to match the body lines perfectly. I'll put that picture in my album although I'm not proud of it. I also siliconed around the holes to keep the water out and used 3M double stick tape around the outside of the wing to also keep the water out.
Plus the front two bolts of the wing are not long enough. There is no room for washers.

As for the downforce, I need to go dyno it next week before I take it up to some high speeds. I just put a Paxton Super charger on this car and I'm afraid to run it till I have it tested.

The rims are stock 98 rims which were tripple chrome plated. I bought these off e-bay.

Thank you all for all the positive comments. My local Vet buddys are laughing at me. Funny how that goes.

Complete pictures can be found here. The wing pictures are near the end.

http://imageevent.com/bolt/viperbuild

If you like people looking at you, put one of these wings on. I had a guy today thought my car was a $200,000.00 car. I laughed so hard.

Bolt

Last edited:

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the wing. I saw it on Tony's old car and it looks even better in person. The drill pic is priceless.

DrDJ

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of copurse I'm a fan of the wing....kinda reminds me of the red Charger Daytona wing....was that Nascar 1969?

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking non-functional wing.Why would you want to slow your car down? GTS Bruce

Strategies to increase the top speed of your Viper include changing to skinnier rims and tires as well as duct taping all of the gaps between the headlights, fascia, and hood. This should be good for another 2 MPH, well worth the hassle.:drive:

DrDJ

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456