Spark Plugs for Paxton SC

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for options on spark plug applications for SRT equiped with the Paxton SC. DLM installed colder plugs (NGK) but looking to replace and wanted to benchmark what's out there. I have already seen the thread on plugs for the stock SRT.

OP
OP
A

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the *** I am receiving are in favor of the colder Champion plug
"RC10ECC "; I understand they are hard to find. Final GTS is looking for a source and will post when he has info.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As mentioned above, RC10ECC is the way to go. I brought them to the Viper market about 2 years ago, and have had great success with them.

Also stated above, they APPEAR to have been discontinued. I am checking alternate channels, but so far no luck. I fear they didnt sell fast enough, and Champion canned them. Time will tell...

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's wrong with the DLM recommended NGK 4554 (r-5671A-8)? I ran it for years and found it to be a most excellent plug.

DLM knows his stuff. 4554 is a good plug.

Joseph

G

grcforce327

What's wrong with the DLM recommended NGK 4554 (r-5671A-8)? I ran it for years and found it to be a most excellent plug.

DLM knows his stuff. 4554 is a good plug.

Joseph

Drivability SUCKED on my car with those!!! RE10ECC's = awesome driveability!!!

May have some,but it'll cost you!

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using these plugs for over 15,000 miles now. Of course I still change them every 3,000 miles but Doug told me to these were the plugs for me. NGK BKR7E-11
My Paxton has heads and a cam so Dougs answer for me might not work for you but has been foolproof so far.

No driveability issues, 900 rwhp on pump gas and consistent 10.4,s on the track with street tires. Doug is not a tuner but a mentor. After 15 years of working exclusively on Vipers DOUG KNOWS Vipers Better then anyone. If it does not work mark & number your plugs and send them to him for an analysis. Now it is time to go out :drive: and do some ZO6 hunting.

You must be registered for see images attach

G

grcforce327

Why the need for the dash 11??? Surely you're not running a .044 gap!!! Why not just buy the BKR7E and set the gap? :dunno:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the need for the dash 11??? Surely you're not running a .044 gap!!! Why not just buy the BKR7E and set the gap? :dunno:
I just ordered a set of the BKR7E-11 and am curious what the difference is between that and the BKR7E besides the preset gap. Google wasn't any help. I know that the gap I will be setting mine to is .033-.034. And that nobody stocks the BKR7E-11 locally. I didn't check the BKR7E and thus my curiosity.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'm reading that correct, that is a stock heat range (7) plug. -8 is one colder than stock. -9 is 2 colder (and too cold IMHO).

good luck!

JD

G

grcforce327

Someone running boost needs to try ZFR6F-11 plugs and give some feedback.These are the NGK cross of the RC10ECC Champions.They only show -11 of this plug.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have used the NGK 4291 spark plug in the 70 plus SRT's we have done. With our tune no driveability issues.

Just our opinion,

G

grcforce327

I have used the NGK 4291 spark plug in the 70 plus SRT's we have done. With our tune no driveability issues.

Just our opinion,

Is this your preference in cars running boost or just NA.I would think it would be a good plug to use.How do you like the F&B rails Dan?
For everyone NGK 4291 = ZFR6F-11

Guy C.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm running Autolite 3922’s. They seem to be doing ok.

I’ve heard of the NGK BKR8EIX plugs. Has anybody used these on TT Viper?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey RichieSRT10,

Are your heads the stock casting or Stryker's?

Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets