Power steering issues!!!!!

katfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a leaking power steering unit. It has been worked on 4 times at Dallas Dodge with no success. Pump has been changed three times and the hoses have been changed 4 times. It is leaking out of the top hose connection where the fitting goes into the pump. I picked it up from them for the fourth time this last Thursday. When I got there I immediately moved the car from where it was parked and noticed a few drip spots after yet another complete replacement of the pump and hoses. I have also had this looked at by another local Viper shop. They thought they fixed it but did'nt. Any great ideas? Anyone else having this issue? It is on an 04.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sad tale...could the latest "drip spots" be a result of residual fluid in/on the frame or from a new spill when the system was refilled??

I would clean the whole area well, then look for more drips or evidence of a new leak...noting that you may need to put fluorescent dye in the system at this point to track the source using a UV light.

OP
OP
K

katfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortuately they did leave my car filthy. I also brought this to their attention at time of pickup, but my service writer said "we do the best we can, we cannot take it to a car wash." It is definately still leaking and I will be taking back again tomorrow and talking to the G.M. or equivelant. I am really just wanting to see if anyone else is having similar power steering issues as I cant believe as rediculous as this is that I would be an isolated case.

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not alone. My car has been back to the dealership twice. The 1st for swapping out the power steering pump. The 2nd for the reservoir. Now, one of the hose is still leaking. Talking about viper withdrawal. Hopefully, this is the last of it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235