I Wrecked My 800hp Sc Srt Viper...

5THVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I had a bad weekend Friday was driving down the road and was going alittle fast and lost control of my car hit the center median and over to on coming traffic I had the top down and was ejected from the car the car rolled like 3 or 4 times. I cant believe I am alive I am very lucky I spent 2days in the hospital and have some road rash and a cast on my hand dislocated my pinky finger and with 8 stitches. no one eles was with me or did I hit anybody else. I am just so lucky all the way around. there is not much left of the car the motor and trans and interior is all good and supercharger. this was my 6th viper so am no rookie to vipers just wanted to tell everybody to becareful out there these cars can get away from you real quick no matter how good of a driver u are.. just glad to be still here.. have fun and becarful out there...

Last edited:

Edwin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!! You truly have an angel looking over you!! The most important thing is that you live to drive another day.

OP
OP

5THVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No seat belt belt on I think I was lucky I didnt have it on I would have rolled with the car. And no airbags deployed thought that was wild. Yes there was an angel watching over me for sure.. I am alittle sore and scraped up but could have been alot worse everyone thought I was dead for sure.. I can send someone a picture of my car if they will post it they brought it to my house today.

Last edited:
OP
OP

5THVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had 20in and 19in hennessy hre wheels with pirelli pzeros on it.. they were pretty new too.

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
good to have you here still! and i agree with you.... no matter how good a driver you are (or think you are) these cars can get away from you really fast!

Edwin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a pic of 5THVIPERS's Viper =(
You must be registered for see images attach

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are OK. It takes an experience like that to make you appreciate what and who you have in your life.
Think you can buff out that paint damage on the Viper? LOL

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you are okay. I would like to hear more of how it happened so I don't make the same mistake.

gunther

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your story and I'm glad you were not seriously injured. Your story grounds me... and reminds me to keep my foot off the pedal.

Everyone thinks they are good drivers - but as we all know. A Viper can bite you.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you're OK.

You REALLY beat the odds not being killed after being ejected. The passenger compartment looks like it held up pretty well.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow that is AMAZING. sooo glad you are hear to tell the story

what's your screen name gonna be now?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad that no one else was hurt. The part about crossing over into oncoming traffic was frightening. But for the grace of G-d, other people could have been severely injured or killed. If that had happened, your life, as you know it, would be over. Thankfully, the car is clearly totalled but you are not. Were the tires cold? Was this a case of ass around to the right when you hit it in second or third gear and a flat spin across the median? By the way, JonB and Doug Levin may be able to help you with valuation issues depending on the terms of your insurance policy.

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....Matt, you sure did give us a scare Friday nite, Steph called me and told me you were in serious condition....can't tell you how relieved we were to hear the good news about your minor injuries, I honestly expected far worse....look for a slower one this time :D ...I didn't even get to ride in this one yet...

.............be careful kid, Larry (9THVIPER);)

ps....you're not driving any of mine anymore :D :rolaugh: :D

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you are o.k. to drive another Viper another day! Be safe out there.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should learn to drive them....instead of wreck them and before you kill someone...suggest race driving school where you use their cars and not your own...I think your lack of using a seatbelt is fairly unbelievable as is the lack of actual roll bars in a super modded car...

you are extremely fortunate, are you related to evil knievel by any chance?

-J

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should learn to drive them....instead of wreck them and before you kill someone...suggest race driving school where you use their cars and not your own...I think your lack of using a seatbelt is fairly unbelievable as is the lack of actual roll bars in a super modded car...

you are extremely fortunate, are you related to evil knievel by any chance?

-J

...no seatbelt, no excuse for that...

...as far as driving ability, I know Matt very well and he is one of the best drivers around... many years of drag racing experience on bikes and Vipers....but, things do happen, thats why they're called accidents...in a Viper it just takes a blink for trouble to arise

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...no seatbelt, no excuse for that...

...as far as driving ability, I know Matt very well and he is one of the best drivers around... many years of drag racing experience on bikes and Vipers....but, things do happen, thats why they're called accidents...in a Viper it just takes a blink for trouble to arise

Good to know. But drag racing does not teach car control, not very much of it at least, hence my race driving school...road racing to be clear. It does take just a blink, that's for sure!

BTW, I just noticed this was his first SC Viper and he has had it just under two months...race (road) school is sounding better all the time, need some car control skills to go with that power.

-J

Last edited:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
800HP and no rollbar is pushing it, but not wearing seatbelts in a Viper?:omg::confused:

I suppose that this is a major wake-up call. And it's likely the biggest gift that you are going to get in your life, dodging a bullet that way.

It's great news that you survived this accident virtually unharmed, and I hope that you take something away from this more than the fact that you were extremely lucky.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I had a bad weekend Friday was driving down the road and was going alittle fast
How "little" is a "little fast"? You lost control on a dry road and rolled it into oncoming traffic going a "little" fast?? And this is your fifth Viper?:omg:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may happen to all of us - the snake bites you if you dont respect her!

Glad to see that you are OK after such a terrible accident. Your angels helped you a lot - please do us all a favor and wear the seat belt in the future. The ODDs are against any driver/passenger wearing NO seat belt in case of an accident.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No seat belt belt on I think I was lucky I didnt have it on I would have rolled with the car.

From the looks of the wreckage I'd say you probably would have dusted yourself off and walked away from it if you would have had your seatbelt on.

But it's your choice.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the looks of the wreckage I'd say you probably would have dusted yourself off and walked away from it if you would have had your seatbelt on.

But it's your choice.
I can't figure out why some people don't wear a seatbelt. :dunno: Our NJ Governor Jon Corzine is a good example of stupidity. He's out for 3-6 months of rehab and lucky to be alive. To each his own.

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you're OK.

You REALLY beat the odds not being killed after being ejected. The passenger compartment looks like it held up pretty well.

I can't figure out why some people don't wear a seatbelt. :dunno: Our NJ Governor Jon Corzine is a good example of stupidity. He's out for 3-6 months of rehab and lucky to be alive. To each his own.

Hey 5th Viper,

Glad to hear that you are OK after this!

I guess we all take luck over skill when reading a story like yours.

Now allow me to rip you a new one.

No seatbelt????

I would rather walk down Main Street naked on my way to church Sunday morning than not wearing my seatbelt.

What happened to the previous 5 Vipers?

Before investing in other high horsepower mods, on your next Viper, do yourself and all the people you share the road with a huge favor: enroll in Viper Days, then enroll in other track driving schools, polish your skills, learn to control your vehicle, but more importantly, learn to control your (apparently rather juvenile) impulses.

Conclusion: you may not be so lucky next time and you could potentially harm or kill others on the road or on sidewalks, not to mention kill yourself and/or an unlucky passenger.

Advice: If you have an irrepressible urge to drive this fast, maybe you should consider a career in motorsports after polishing your driving skills.

Recommended reading:
//http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?p=2379623#post2379623

5th Viper, I do not mean any of this in a condescending or demeaning way, just looking out for you……like a well meaning uncle-at-large!

Governor Corzine is a great example of what can needlessly happen to you, but the saddest reminder is the tragic death of Princess Diana who would have survived with minor upper body bruises if only she would have been wearing her seatbelt…….

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456