Water/**** injection...

X vetter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you test a water/**** injection setup to make sure it is working ???
While driving home today I ran through 1 & 2 gears aggresively :drive: and heard pinging...

I'm running a 8 lb pulley w/Vec2 and the tune is by Sean...same gas as always, and yes there is methanol in the tank...any advice & suggestions welcome !!

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you test a water/**** injection setup to make sure it is working ???
While driving home today I ran through 1 & 2 gears aggresively :drive: and heard pinging...

I'm running a 8 lb pulley w/Vec2 and the tune is by Sean...same gas as always, and yes there is methanol in the tank...any advice & suggestions welcome !!

Did your kit come with the activation LED and/or purge button? If so watch the light and do a purge. Also when you turn on the key, the VEC II automatically does a short purge. Look in your smooth tube for a short squirt as you have someone go key on.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did your kit come with the activation LED and/or purge button? If so watch the light and do a purge. Also when you turn on the key, the VEC II automatically does a short purge. Look in your smooth tube for a short squirt as you have someone go key on.

My first thoughts as well per my discussion with Joe Donovan of PBJ. I had water/**** added to my Paxton and had the same questions. The light only "says" its activated but doesnt say if its working or not when its activated. Only thing I could think of is watch your a/f gauge (if you have one) if possible and see if starts going lean.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont like that, you really should not be sending any water in the combustion chamber until after the motor is started or you could get lock up. I take my jets out every so often and ground the relay to make sure its working

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont like that, you really should not be sending any water in the combustion chamber until after the motor is started or you could get lock up. I take my jets out every so often and ground the relay to make sure its working

The methanol does not get into the combustion chamber by turning on your key and letting it spray into the smooth tubes. Every time you start your car the VEC purges the W/M at key on before the engine starts.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The methanol does not get into the combustion chamber by turning on your key and letting it spray into the smooth tubes. Every time you start your car the VEC purges the W/M at key on before the engine starts.

This can actually be a problem, however.

On the VEC, the PWM output wire isn't so much 'purged' as it is 'grounded' for a moment. so that no matter what is hooked up to the PWM output, it gets activated for a moment.

This can actually be quite bad. Imagine, for example, that you are using the PWM output for secondary fuel injectors... then anytime you turn the key from off to on, the injectors will fire for a moment. which is OK unless the injectors are so big that the amount of fuel that gets dumped into the intake stream is so much that it floods the motor.

A good work-around is to install a momentary cut-off switch that you press when you turn the car from OFF to ON.

That being said, you can also install an activation button w/ your WM (to ground the line and activate it manually). this would be a good thing to do.

good luck!

JD

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know two different ways:
I have a pressure gauge on the W/M and the way my W/M is configured, at idle I can quickly hit my purge and the a/f drops 1.0 and more. I also want to add hobbs switches/idiot lights for even more safety.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This can actually be a problem, however.

On the VEC, the PWM output wire isn't so much 'purged' as it is 'grounded' for a moment. so that no matter what is hooked up to the PWM output, it gets activated for a moment.

This can actually be quite bad. Imagine, for example, that you are using the PWM output for secondary fuel injectors... then anytime you turn the key from off to on, the injectors will fire for a moment. which is OK unless the injectors are so big that the amount of fuel that gets dumped into the intake stream is so much that it floods the motor.

A good work-around is to install a momentary cut-off switch that you press when you turn the car from OFF to ON.

That being said, you can also install an activation button w/ your WM (to ground the line and activate it manually). this would be a good thing to do.

good luck!

JD

Joseph, I don't see how the short purge of W/M that takes place at key on is hurting anything. Fluid is not making it through the blower inlet tubes, through the blower and intake manifold into the combustion chamber during this brief initial purge while the engine is not running. I agree that hooking injectors to the PWM output is not a good idea. My kit from ROE came with the manual activation button and instructions to install it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper