Snakeskin Green 08 Officially Ordered !!!

BlackCrown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yahoo !!! (not the web site) :D :D :D

However, don't feel like trading the copperhead just yet
but may consider offers if anyone is interested in
a minty low miles (1100) 05 Copperhead just PM me.

God this is exciting & I've had a bazzillion cars :headbang:

You must be registered for see images

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the order. Looks like the bezeled dash, wht stripes, but no color mod to interior. Any concerns about not having pricing yet? By the way, which wheels did you choose? Great selection - enjoy!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought convertibles couldn't get the stripes but your posting shows they do. Thanks for sharing your excitement - but sure to let us know how the new Viper is after you receive it and post pics of that wild green!

OP
OP
B

BlackCrown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the order. Looks like the bezeled dash, wht stripes, but no color mod to interior. Any concerns about not having pricing yet? By the way, which wheels did you choose? Great selection - enjoy!

That is really exciting. Congrats!

Congrats!

/Rich

I thought convertibles couldn't get the stripes but your posting shows they do. Thanks for sharing your excitement - but sure to let us know how the new Viper is after you receive it and post pics of that wild green!

Read it again, he got the Black/Slate Grey Interior, not the standard all black.
Yo thanks guys/gals for the replies.
Basically they checked off every option.
Only one wheel style was available , I assume it's the U Spoked wheel
which I would have ordered anyway. ( @ least I hope !!)

Yeah lack of a price is a bit disconcerting but what are you gonna do .
White stripes may seem an odd choice but am really goin after the old school
sublime /white look . Depending on finances may go for a custom white top,
white leather interior & White boot like my challenger

Well will keep you posted ...Thanks for the encouragement , It's allot more than my wife
is offering :hitwithrock:

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also ordered the black/slate interior, but was somewhat disappointed that I could not see any examples of the other interior options. So, I left the rest stock black. I am assuming the colored bezel is only the central one that contains the radio, hvac controls, etc.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The WP7 is the H spoke wheel....if you want the razor, better talk to your dealer.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also ordered the black/slate interior, but was somewhat disappointed that I could not see any examples of the other interior options. So, I left the rest stock black. I am assuming the colored bezel is only the central one that contains the radio, hvac controls, etc.

Colored bezel also includes the area around the shifter, e-brake handle and power window switch.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah lack of a price is a bit disconcerting but what are you gonna do .
White stripes may seem an odd choice but am really goin after the old school
sublime /white look . Depending on finances may go for a custom white top,
white leather interior & White boot like my challenger

Well will keep you posted ...Thanks for the encouragement , It's allot more than my wife
is offering :hitwithrock:
Black Crown --

You may want to double check with your dealer about the wheel codes. When I ordered my 2008 there was some confusion on the part of the dealer about even accessing the appropriate wheel codes. (The only option initially available was something like "brushed aluminum wheels" or "polished aluminum wheels".) Thanks to intervention by JonB, my dealer was able to access the appropriate codes. (I ordered the standard 5-spoke WP6 wheels.) My worry is that based on a previous post I believe you have ordered the "H-spoke" not the U-spoke or Razor wheel. I hope I am incorrect but you might want to check with your dealer.

/Rich

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The order system was being revised to match the code guides which include wheel descriptions. WP6 is the 5 spoke (the standard wheel for 2008), WP7 is the optional H spoke, and WPS is the new Razor wheel. They all have a polished finish. Your dealer should be able to update your order with no problem.

Black Crown --

You may want to double check with your dealer about the wheel codes. When I ordered my 2008 there was some confusion on the part of the dealer about even accessing the appropriate wheel codes. (The only option initially available was something like "brushed aluminum wheels" or "polished aluminum wheels".) Thanks to intervention by JonB, my dealer was able to access the appropriate codes. (I ordered the standard 5-spoke WP6 wheels.) My worry is that based on a previous post I believe you have ordered the "H-spoke" not the U-spoke or Razor wheel. I hope I am incorrect but you might want to check with your dealer.

/Rich

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The order system was being revised to match the code guides which include wheel descriptions. WP6 is the 5 spoke (the standard wheel for 2008), WP7 is the optional H spoke, and WPS is the new Razor wheel. They all have a polished finish. Your dealer should be able to update your order with no problem.

Thanks for the information.

Last edited:

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, and you and I have almost the same car. I got the black stripes and a coupe (same wheels, same interior, snakeskin). Kinda cool, we might have very individualized cars.

And yeah, there's lotsa confusion on the wheels. WP6 is 5 spokes WP7 is H and WRS is razors.

And no, I'm not trading in a thing... The green is a great choice for a third viper, not too sure I would be so gutsy if this were my only one.

OP
OP
B

BlackCrown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post pics of the different wheels w/corresponding codes ?
Want to make sure I get the right ones before I call my dealer.
Thanks !!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post pics of the different wheels w/corresponding codes ?
Want to make sure I get the right ones before I call my dealer.
Thanks !!

Frankly, I stink at posting pics but will do my best to give you a verbal description:

WP6 = standard five-spoke wheel (same 5-spoke wheel as offered as an optional wheel in 2006). Look at any picture of a 2006 First Edition blue/white stripes coupe for an example of ths wheel;

WP7 - "H"-spoke; also the same wheel as offered in 20006 as an optional wheel; there are five large "spokes" but each spoke is comprised of two vertical slats connected by a horizontal slat in the middle, forming an "H" pattern. Look at the "Got HP?" "Got Venom?" banner at the top of the this website; the red/white stripe Viper in the banner has the H-spoke wheel; and

WPS - this is the new "Razor" or "U"-style wheel; if you find a pic from the initial press release of the 2008 Viper you will see pics of a "Venom Red" convertible. That car has the Razor wheel.

Hope that helps, but can someone post pics to help Black Crown with this? Thanks.

/Rich

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go - a quick search yielded these, in order: 5 spoke, H spoke, and new Razor:

5 Spoke

5spoke.jpg

H Spoke

hspoke.jpg

New Razor

razor.jpg

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder why my order slip has NAS 50 State Emissions and 3EJ Gas Guzzler Tax while yours does not?? Bill P, any clue?? The guzzler tax is Federal isn't it?

OP
OP
B

BlackCrown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go - a quick search yielded these, in order: 5 spoke, H spoke, and new Razor:

New Razor

razor.jpg

Phew ! Thanks,
submitted the code change to my dealer so Hopefully I will have the Razors
Which I dig....kinda look like the Ford GT wheels a bit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper