Viper Polyurethane Engine Mounts and Transmission Mount

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just wanted to post that I ordered and received Summit Racing's Energy Suspension (ENS-3-1108G) tranny mount and it is indeed a poly mount. It appears to be molded and feels beefy, but it's definately not plastic. I don't know the hardness but it feels about as hard as most aftermarket poly engine mounts feel, not too hard. It also features a safety interlock that will prevent breakaway in the event of poly failure. Not saying or comparing it to the other brand mention here, but it does seem to have a good construction. I'll let you know how it feels when installed.

I also want to mention that I ordered this along with MSD wires from Summit Racing and they handled my order extremely fast. They didn't charge for ground shipping but they had a $10 handling fee. I received the item the next morning though! I was very impressed with how fast they get things shipped out, considering that I ordered it in the afternoon. I wish they sold engine mounts too.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in Michigan, but I just found a workaround. I called forwardmotioninc (http://www.forwardmotioninc.com) and they ordered them for me and used my CC. They said it will ship directly from PolyBushings to me. That saves me a trip to the post office and the 3 day delay.

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
klamathpro,
I know they have some 'dealers' around the country listed on their web site, and that is a good alternative. Since I am so close (about 400 miles) and I conferred with Johnny directly, I went ahead an got mine via money order.
Later,

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh, you will be amazed.

I hope so, I think anything will be better than 13 year old mounts. Do you think I could get away with lifting by the oil pan using a three foot 2x4 when I take my heads off to replace my gasket? I would think that with the heads and manifolds off, and no fluids inside, the engine would be light enough, and I plan on doing this all at once.

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
klamathpro,
Oh, yes, no problem. Mine was done last week on a lift, and the engine was stabilized with a long floor standing screw jack and a small 2 x 4 under the front of the pan. Mounts were loosened and the engine was then lifted. Did not remove the trans mount until after the engine mounts were installed, didn't want everything (3 points of mount) loose all at once. Then did the trans mount. Only one air tube came loose, and the breather tube, from lifting the engine.
I should have taken some pictures, but it was really quite uneventful.

Later,

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, that makes me feel better. It makes sense to do the motor mounts first because the old tranny mount will flex more as the engine is lifted.

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
klamathpro,
Did you get your Motor Mounts yet?
It sounds like you will be awhile before you get them installed and running with your engine all apart?

Later,

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don...remember this event? Thanks for showing me how to buff out the car. :D

Motor mounts/trans mounts on the way. Thanks for the tip.

Attachments

• 4th of july 04-2.jpg
    4th of july 04-2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disturbed,
Yes, I remember it well - that was a great 4th of July Parade - will we see you at this 4th Parade?
:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

Later,

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 96 is stunning...............
What is total for all the mounts??Sorry didnt read the hole thread...

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don,

Sorry buddy. I've moved out of the area. Give me a call and I can fill you in on the details. It's a crazy story of how I got the car running again.

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz,
Yes I know, no CC's, BUT on their site, there are some other outlets, and I understand someone ordered from one them and they take CC's.
Give one of them a shout.

Stocking Dealers
Forward Motion
(302) 658-2829
Mailing Address:
PO Box 30700
Wilmington, DE 19805
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/ordering_info.htm
Spring, Texas 77373
http://www.manta.com/comsite5/bin/pddnb_company.pl?pdlanding=1&referid=3550&id=fqz90d
Queen Creek, AZ 85242
http://www.turbosunleashed.com/
Wellington, FL 33414

Jim, above, said shipping was $10.00 Oh well.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, mjorgensen was pretty adement(sp) about how their polys were better. So my question is can we see the difference by putting them side by side? Also, one thing I was worried about is with the amount of torque these engines put out, what's the possiblilty of one of these mounts just letting go?

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99 R/T10,
You and I both know there are no guarantees that any piece won't break; but I can tell you, actually you can see the mounts from PolyBushings
http://polybushings.com/pages/2469.html
have the interlock failure metal as per the Original Dodge mounts dating back many, many years. The stock Viper rubber mounts have the safety interlock as well. I cannot tell from pictures if this is the case for all Poly mounts: nor do I know if it is even necessary with poly.

Later,

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the track last week and ran with the newly installed Poly Motor and Trans mounts, as described above. Could I tell the difference, hard to tell except the car seemed to push hard in a forward direction when the throttle was hard applied exiting a corner. One thing for sure, my Gen 2 installed headers do not hit the frame rail as happened before.
All in all, very satisfied.:2tu: :2tu:

:drive: :drive:

Later,

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We recently installed a set of the Polybushing Motor mounts and the transmission mounts on a 96 gts. The customer and myself are unhappy with the results as a driver. I feel this is over rated if you are not going to track your vehicle. We are going to put new motor mounts back in the car so he can retain the ride without all of the vibration. Again this is an opinion from one who drove the car before and after.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers Don

Hope they can ship to the UK.....

Just checked

No CC's at this time.......

Hey Baz,

Guess who now has them in stock:omg: and take c/c's, those other names on that list don't stock them:( just drop ship. Plus I have the only Billet Trans Mount:D

I'll be installing on my web site later after I take some pictures.

Big Brake Dave :drive:

RedSrt007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed the poly motor mounts this weekend along with the tranny mount. slightly more vibrations (nothing bothering) but WOW does it feel more responsive!

Mine is a 99 w/ 19k

Drives side oem was ripped, and passenger was tweaked (deformed and out of shape)

-Red

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a set of poly mounts and transmission mount/bracket from Dave's Big Brakes and will do the install sometime this week. I'll post results soon.