2008 Snakeskin Green Pearl Coat - Oh Yeah!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay gang, here is the deal. Our friends at SRT know a lot of folks aren't exactly sure what the colors look like for 2008. There was a color chart out there, but nobody was sure how accurate it was. And of course there was that picture of the color plates taken in a dark ballrooom in Detroit back in January. Well, those same kind folks at SRT were kind enough to send some color plates to the VCA so we could shoot a few pics of them. Okay, quite a few. Yours Truly ran around town until he could find a 2007 Charger Daytona in what I believe is called "Sublime" Green. And I did. So without further ado, I give you the 2008 Snakeskin Green Pearl Coat for starters:

Is it green like grass? Nope!

vg1.jpg

Has it got a lot of yellow in it? Well, compared to the Viper Yellow from 2005, not really:

vg2.jpg

So it's like the Sublime Green on the Charger Daytona, right? Well, here is where it gets interesting - VERY interesting:

vg3.jpg

Geez Chris, that looks pretty close! Close? Nah, it looks darn near identical!

vg4.jpg

Darn right! It looks EXACTLY the same as the Sublime Green why its, its - hey, wait a minute, what the heck?! Now it looks totally different!

vg5.jpg

Well gang, it all comes down to some very trick and very fine metalflake - that "pearl". This stunning paint color looks one color in bright light and then can look almost totally different from another angle. And I gotta tell you, it really is pretty amazing in person:

vg6.jpg

So what about the stripes? Well, those guys (and gals) at SRT even threw in a couple samples of the stripe colors. Rather than take pictures of them across the Snakeskin Green (my bad, will try and get to it), I put them up against the hapless Charger. And yes, my camera did the contrast all on its own. Sorry about that.

First up, Stone White stripes on green:

vgww.jpg

Then Bright Silver Metallic stripes on green:

vgws.jpg

Then it gets even more interesting with the Viper Black Clearcoat stripes on green:

vgwb.jpg

And finally we wrap up with the Graphite Metallic stripes on green - tied for first with black as my personal fave:

vgwg.jpg

Whew! So there you go with a fairly complete look at the 2008 Snakeskin Green Pearl Coat. Next up will be the Viper Violet Pearl Coat next to 2001 Viper Sapphire Blue. But it may need to wait until morning - these take some work to get set up! And yes, that is the Viper Violet on the lower right... :D

08spread.jpg

Last edited:

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and the write-up Chris! I'm glad they finally brought back Green for the Viper, after all vipers in nature are green. All the stripes look good on it, with black looking the best IMO. I can't wait to see one in person!

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That color is awesome , I don't think thier are many colors that could possibly make the Viper look bad. The Green is a little to bold for me .
Thanks Chris for putting the pictures together and to the guys at SRT for helping out . The 2008's are gonna be the best Vipers yet can't wait . No really I honestly can't wait . I'm gonna figure out a way to get myself into a cryogenic state . These next months will go by way faster then :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, as always thank you for all your hard work providing us with the info we need for ordering!! That IS quite the awesome green color, and matching it up with the stripes was just what was needed---THANK you for all your time and effort, it IS appreciated.
~juli~

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job Chris! Not to be impatient but let's see the other colors! It will give me the weekend to decide on which color I want. Thanks again. Bob

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job Chris! Not to be impatient but let's see the other colors! It will give me the weekend to decide on which color I want. Thanks again. Bob
Dear Doctor of In-patients:

You is just gonna have to wait a bit. :no:

Unhappy with the other color comparison shots I took, I am hunting down some car shows with color plates in hand in a matter of minutes. Then I have to leave later this afternoon to take my sons to a concert in Iowa. No worries, I will try to get some more pictures up today and FOR SURE by tomorrow. In the meantime, here are a couple "sneak peeks" of the gorgeous Viper Violet Pearl Coat:

In a world of blues, Viper Violet seems darn near black:

vv1.jpg

But when seen next to the legendary 2001 Viper Sapphire Blue in bright light, you realize that it really does have some serious purple:

vv2.jpg

Another "color changer" depending on the light? Stay tuned...

:bigok:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Chris of the Color Plate,

As a urologist, it is better to be "impatient" rather than "impotent":lmao: This thread could get sick (pun intended and not to let you have more ammuntion). Time for special requests....how about the venom metallic red shown with the white stripe and the purple with the silver stripe. However, I am sure viper members would like to see the stripe options with each car color.

Bob

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to do the stripe colors later, as I am pressed for time and need to start heading north with my sons. In the meantime, watch for a new thread with all the colors listed shortly!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think i will order a green one very soon thanks for the pictures chris :D now coupe or convertable is the question :confused:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is Viper Violet next to Sapphire? The picture above makes it look a lot darker but then Sapphire looks black in some lighting also.

vv2.jpg

Motorhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's how I'd describe the new Viper colors in comparison to some of the Dodge Charger Daytona /Superbee colors:

Venom Red - a Bluer shade version of Inferno Red
Snakeskin Green - Brighter, metallic version of Sublime
Brt. Orange - Brighter version of Hemi Orange
Brt. Blue - Brighter and lighter version of B5 Blue
Violet - Darker version of Plum Crazy

They all look fantastic! You may even see some of them at the 2008 NAIAS.:headbang:

OPHITOX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is mine, silver stripes. It is an amazing color, everyone I haveI have met has commented how awesome a color it is. Changes to a golden green in the sunlight and the right angle

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice mats. Not for me but interesting. FYI, use the "new thread" button when posting something unrelated to such an old thread.