2008 Viper Colors in the Real World!

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd really like to see a shot of that Snakeskin Green swatch next to a Verde Ithaca Lamborghini. Very curious to see how similar/different they are. Could be a real stunner.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, are you sure that is Monterey Red on the Corvette? Looks like it could be Magnetic Red...which is lighter and a little more cranberry.
The Monterey Red was the closest match I could find at that particular show, including some Inferno Red Chrysler products. Indeed, after Austin's last post I went on the hunt for a dark red Dodge Ram SRT-10 truck. And found one. At night:

vrvt.jpg

vrvt2.jpg

As you can clearly see it is even darker still, and has no cranberry or purple hues to it at all (last picture may seem like it - but it doesn't).

And as for that Snakeskin Green - no Lambos rolling around here in that color that I know of. Nonetheless, I will stay on the prowl. I have seen a couple Viper body panels with that exact paint on them and that color looked awesome! My bet is that this will be a color that a lot of people may wish they had ordered when they see it in person - assuming they are extroverts. :D

Hope this helps,

Chris

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heated/cooled cupholders, active handling, automatic transmission, power seats, heads-up display, rain-sensing wipers, navigation, heated seats, power lumbar adjustment, and full computer system for estimating gas mileage, distance-to-empty, oil change intervals, etc. Oh yeah, and a power sunroof for the Coupe.

None of these things I want for the Viper. But a switchable traction control wouldn't be the end of the world - nor would its exclusion stop me from buying my next Viper. :D

Did the MSRP dramatically increase to include all this?

Good post regarding the colours! :2tu:

PS -

Any word if this option is available for the next model year? :rolaugh:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any word if this option is available for the next model year? :rolaugh:

You must be registered for see images attach
A basketball hoop? I am pretty sure it only comes with a hockey goal for 2009. :D

As for the MSRP, it went DOWN on the Coupe and only up a couple hundred bucks on the Roadster. Cheapest 90 HP upgrade I have ever seen. And no, NONE of the options I mentioned are on the Viper nor planned as far as I know. It was that nasty Chuck 98 guy that keeps dragging me into that traction-control argument (and it is still moot as the Viper doesn't have it). :2tu:

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And no, NONE of the options I mentioned are on the Viper nor planned as far as I know. It was that nasty Chuck 98 guy that keeps dragging me into that traction-control argument (and it is still moot as the Viper doesn't have it). :2tu:

I should have known! You had me going on this one.. :omg:

It did happen with the Lotus Elise, it was plain, then they started loading it up, killing it's original character as a lean little racer.. I need to go back and trim my reply to disguise my apparent gullibility..

Good news! :2tu:

SuperBee364

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding between ordering the Very Orange with black stripes, or just waiting it out to get the color I really want: yellow to match my 07 SuperBee.

Any insiders have the word on what the 09 colors might be? I know it's kinda far in advance.

My Viper just has to match my Bee!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding between ordering the Very Orange with black stripes, or just waiting it out to get the color I really want: yellow to match my 07 SuperBee.
Any insiders have the word on what the 09 colors might be? I know it's kinda far in advance.

BLACK it is then!!~ Okay, all settled.....:D ;) ~juli

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the color combo that I planning on ...
B5_Blue_GS.jpg

My question is, Where could I find wheels with anodized or coated centers for that kind of look? CCW?

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sent you a PM...

SuperBee364

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BLACK it is then!!~ Okay, all settled.....:D ;) ~juli

Black is definitely in the running... I just can't decide if I should go ahead and go with black (no stripes), or orange with black stripes, or wait to see if they bring yellow back as a color option for '09... or maybe '10.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is definitely in the running... I just can't decide if I should go ahead and go with black (no stripes), or orange with black stripes, or wait to see if they bring yellow back as a color option for '09... or maybe '10.

BLACK!!! LOL--Orange w/black stripes sounds cool also, AND yellow also is cool...who knows though WHAT the color schemes will be for '09 or '10....if you see what you like now, grab it!! JMHO...especially since you have a SuperBee, I can see why you want similar colors!! Good luck~~~juli

SuperBee364

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BLACK!!! LOL--Orange w/black stripes sounds cool also, AND yellow also is cool...who knows though WHAT the color schemes will be for '09 or '10....if you see what you like now, grab it!! JMHO...especially since you have a SuperBee, I can see why you want similar colors!! Good luck~~~juli

The orange with black stripes does look very nice on the Dodge color configuration web site... not that I visit that site very often.... Maybe just once a day.. ok, twice.. but I can stop anytime I want to...

Just wish that the Dodge site used actual pictures of the colors instead of computer renditions. Side-by-side windows of the dodge computer renditions look *much* different than the color samples shown on page one of this thread.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The orange with black stripes does look very nice on the Dodge color configuration web site... not that I visit that site very often.... Maybe just once a day.. ok, twice.. but I can stop anytime I want to...
Just wish that the Dodge site used actual pictures of the colors instead of computer renditions. Side-by-side windows of the dodge computer renditions look *much* different than the color samples shown on page one of this thread.

Y2KSRT has a thread where he compares the color 'swatches' to actual CARS....it's a great thread, and I don't know the name of it....but you could always PM him and he'd direct you to that thread. That cracked me up....you checking the Dodge site not very often...just once or TWICE a day!!~:rolaugh: Chris (Y2K) had GREAT pics of the colors...true to the color itself. ~juli

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to u're dealer ....... they have actual color samples that u can take outside to look at in the sunlight... i was considering the blue pearl metallic but found it very disapointing

SuperBee364

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to u're dealer ....... they have actual color samples that u can take outside to look at in the sunlight... i was considering the blue pearl metallic but found it very disapointing

Sheesh, I didn't realize the dealer had actual color samples. Guess I better go see 'em in person. Thanks!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SuperBee and other yellow fans:

I would wait - I just don't see how that color won't come back soon. Because of the Viper production setup, the plant can change colors pretty fast as they have done in the past with all the special edition runs they did. I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with yellow late in the year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave