Dream come true

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,
My dream came true 3 weeks ago. I am a very proud owner of a 1994 Red R/10 Viper !!!
I have put off for years getting one. Growing up I always wanted a 69 to70 vette. I would always say to myself some day I will have one, till I saw a poster of a Viper in a dodge dealer parts department. I ask the guy “what is that? and he replied “ dodges concept car “
Then I asked him “how much do you think it will cost? “ he replied more than you and I can afford. So it became only a dream till 3weeks ago I went to a garage sale and saw a covered vehicle and thought”that’s a viper under there”. I asked him “is that a Viper?” He replied yes and it will go on the market Monday for 37,000. After uncovering it and seeing it with only a little over 18,k miles I said. “Ill take it!”
The 73 year old gentleman had it for 4 years and only put 111 miles on it. The first owner put just 18,088.
It came with a hard top, soft top never used.
He was selling due to Alzheimer’s. I have spent hours on this forum reading about this car. I LOVE the How-to’s section.
I have a 34x36 garage with a 12 ceiling. The garage opener motor is 8’6” from the ground for my Viper to park in and it deserves only the best so I spent a day installing tiles in the garage. (Inspired by some of you).
I have some questions.
1. The Grey dash has a fuzzy soft feel to it and is dirty. Can you clean it? Is it supposed to be so easy to scratch off? I wonder if someone had tried to clean it and caused it to get soft.
2. What is the correct air pressure for the tires? I have it at 35 which is what is reads on the car. The tire max is higher. I will not race the car.
3. I got the car for its beauty and style, not to race, so will the K&N filters help with gas mileage?
4. Is any one out there in the Springfield Missouri area?
5. How many of you do your own service on your cars?
6. I’m thinking of buying a 4 pole lift. What is the Favorite out there?
7. How far does the rear view mirror measure down from the top of the glass on the windshield? (I think mine was moved down)

I am sure I will have more Questions later but I am still on cloud nine. And if your wondering I have put on 140 miles so far and have only gone up too 70mph. My personal license plate is going to read when I receive it is “ HLDN BK”

Thank to all,
Mitch
:)
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they are the orginal XGT tires invest in some new rubber and store the orginals properly(out of production tire), new rubber will give you much improved performance and safety. Old rubber gets very hard over time

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3. I got the car for its beauty and style, not to race, so will the K&N filters help with gas mileage?
I love this one!!
You will race, if not against other cars, for yourself on backroads just to feel the rush and to big this big goofy grin on your face. And you bought the wrong car if you are already thinking about gas mileage. Granted, they do pretty well on interstate, I get 22-24mpg, but drops to about 12-14 in the city!
Welcome to the club, you just achieved instant celebrity status and that is something you never would have gotten if you bought a Vette, no matter what the year. Now, POST SOME PICS!!

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front tires are Michelin XGTZ , The rear have Michelin Pilot Sport X
Why would i want to keep the old Tires?

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right about the status...Going to the gas station to put in some gas became a major ordeal. many questions and lots of cel phone pics . people were so respectful of the car by keeping there distance and there hands in their pockets or behand them.When i pick up my daughter at the high school she says she feels like a movie star. :)
As for the milage, its better than my 03 Hemi Ram 4x4 I baby it and i get 11.5 per gallon. Ifound the post regarding posting pics and followed the instuctions but did not work

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Change all the fluids, all of them. Brake, coolant, trans, diff, clutch, grease fittings

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ifound the post regarding posting pics and followed the instuctions but did not work

http://c:/Documents and Settings/Mitchell/Desktop/GARAGE

Here is the link to the pic you tried to post. The reason it doesn't work is that you have to find a host on a website to store it - you cannot display it from your C: drive.

Create a free account on someplace like www.photobucket.com and upload your pic(s) there to your own personal album. Below each pic you'll see an IMG link. Copy that link (including the IMG part) to the Windows clipboard and then paste it into a message on here. Preview the message and you should then see the actual pic and not the link.

Congratulations on the new toy and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. I'll always remember when I drove 300 miles to Indiana to look at and pick up my Viper. It was love at first site when I saw it sitting there in the driveway saying "Daddy, take me home."

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats and find out if your head gaskets have been replaced.
As far as cleaning the fuzzy dash, I found that just warm water and a cotton rag is the safest and best way to clean it. Don't rub too hard though, it's a delicate finish and the stock paint is irreplaceable once scratched.

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on your new addition! There are a few members in the Springfield area!

Even one in Nixa! Contact Bill Corum -he is the new president of the KC Club- and he can

get you started joining the VCA. [email protected]
If you have any questions feel free to PM me.:drive:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:1up: Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!:1up:
With both tops, it sounds like a good deal. Change all fluids (like said earlier) and tires.
You will need to change the headgaskets at some point, unless they were changed already.

Regarding the fuzzy dash, remove it and get it painted to a color of your choise. I painted mine red, most go with black or grey.

You will love the car, I bought mine 7 years ago and still love it as much as the first day!

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/IMG]
[/IMG]Thanks Roadijeff for the help on posting the pics. here is 2

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is one of the car and the new garage floor i put installed
[/IMG].

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x213/harleymanmitch/dreamcar.jpg[/IMG]

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First...find a reputable Viper Tech nearby...have him do a run through with you and get to be his friend. The board will help you out with the rest :)

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you need a 4 post lift for if you aren't gonna race it? If you drive it conservatively, it will not need to be fixed, so no need for a lift.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! I'm guessing your closer to KC than STL? I've heard of Nixa, but not sure where exactly where it is. Either club- you can't go wrong!

I had a '93 and the mirror does seem low on the windshield, but it's probably in it's original position. It's really in the way when your on an incline trying to see to pull out.

Cheers,

Michael

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you need a 4 post lift for if you aren't gonna race it? If you drive it conservatively, it will not need to be fixed, so no need for a lift.

Hi Frog, I got a Revolution XLT last weekend. I need a lift due to fact i have the viper, pathfinder, 4x4 ram 1500 to change fluids and brakes etc. and my daughter is getting a car in a few months. so we need a extra spot in the garage for her to park.:)