Luggage - Traveling

Marquis7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there a luggage reack for the SRT, is it removable? Has any one traveled in a Viper; if so, how did you handle stowing luggage? Thanks!

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There needs to be a removable luggage rack which would be rubber-padded on bottom, and mounted by straps running under the trunk lid. It's impossible to pack enough for a week's vacation for two and also leave room for a few souvenirs. SnakeOYl, et al, are you listening? Sports cars of old-MGB, TR6, etc- all had luggage racks. My SRT needs one, but not screwed into the trunk lid. Thanks.

05Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have taken a few week long vacations and we have not had any trouble with packing the trunk. Use soft luggage bags not the hard cases. You don't need fifty pairs of shoes and twenty outfits for a short vacation. My wife packs light as I do.

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI, you can put soft bags, garments, etc. above and behind the seats...up where the top would fold down. :omg: And still have visibilty.;)

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI, you can put soft bags, garments, etc. above and behind the seats...up where the top would fold down. :omg: And still have visibilty.;)

like he said, it makes a great compartment for shoes,smal things,etc. I even sometimes put the soft boot cover for top in behind the headrest, that way i have more trunk space if going on a trip. I also found it easier take some stuff out of bags to put in trunk, to fit better in the corners of trunk and use up all space. Then when you get to hotel just quickly throw it all back in your bags. You can get creative and actually load alot of crap.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After taking several long trips with the RT/10 (Gen I so windows required as well) I have no issues whatsoever with the Gen III. Enough room to take the golf clubs too.