Please help a NJ 12 year old with Cancer

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 12 year old boy with Brain Cancer is in need of our help!

Michael Wejsa of Carlstadt NJ was diagnosed with Glioblatoma Multiforme stage IV this past October. Not Good...

This past weekend the NJ VCA along with Pocono-CSD invited Michael and his family as our guests to our event. During the event on Sunday, Michael was shown around the concours of Pocono-CSD. He then spent the next two days at Pocono Raceway enjoying the sites.Then Michael was treated to the ride of his life on the race track and was driven by the best! A man who I am honored to call my friend, NY/CT VCA Officer Steve "ACR" Katz. Steve put a smile on a boys face, whose parents haven't seen a smile on since October:2tu: . Not only that, but Steve also took Michael's best friend out for the experience. Everytime Steve came off the track, he made sure he stopped by Michael to see how he was doing. Steve is one hell of a guy! Thank You Steve

Another special thank you to Dave Moore and his family, they are wonderful people. They too embraced the Wejsa family, with not only an extremely gereous donation, but with prayer and friendship. We can all learn from Dave and his family.

Throughout the weekend we ran a fund raiser for Michael and raised over $10,000.00. :2tu:

Now I'm turning to you for more help, I know we can make a difference in whats left of this wonderful little boys life.

Please assist Michael and his family in their time of need. For most of us, we can only imagine the emotional strain and financial hardship a family endures during a serious illness. Your generous donations will make a difference in their life!

Remember, when you don't have your health, the rest really doesn't matter..........

Thank You!

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kudos to the NJ VCA, Bobby Cerchione and ACR Steve for helping this boy and his family.
Having going through cancer myself, I know how much support means...you were all very generous with your time to help this young boy enjoy a wonderful day. Good to know there are wonderful people like you guys out there. ~juli~

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If you would like to donate please make your checks payable to:

NJ VCA c/o Michael Wesja
501 Broadway, Suite 201
Point Pleasant, NJ 08742

Michael just turned 13 in April. He loves math, science, WWE wrestling, and his latest love...Vipers!

Please give generously.
Dave

Last edited:

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Too many times in our lives we get caught up in the day to day grind that we forget about what is really important. We get blinded by so many things going on in our little worlds that we ignor the bigger picture. For some reason things came together this past weekend and Bobby C. (NJ VCA President) brought to the Viper community Michael's story. He got together with Joe Moore who runs the CSD event and they brought the family out for the weekends activities. Bobby wanted to give Michael some memories and to raise money to help with medical expenses for Michael.
We were able to raise over $10,000 for medical expenses, but more importantly for Michael we gave him some time to forget his illness. He was able to smile, laugh and think about only being 13 for awhile.
Michael returned to us a bigger gift than he will ever know. His situation, touched and moved so many people. He gave us all a reason to pause and think about what is truly important, our lives, our health, our families, our community. What is really important is how we connect support and help each other.
So thank you to all those individuals who reached deep in their pockets to support this cause. Thank you to those who will donate, and you will donate...right!
Thank you Bobby C. for seeing this through, and thank you Michael Wesja for giving us all a reason to think and re-evaluate what really matters in this short time we spend on this earth.

Here are a couple of pics of Michael getting a ride with Steve Katz. Michael had a blast!!!
Donations can be sent to:

NJ VCA c/o Michael Wesja
501 Broadway, Suite 201
Point Pleasant, NJ 08742

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sad to report the board just received this email from one of Michael's teachers aides.....

"Very sad news to share with you all. Sweet Michael Wejsa has lost his battle and has passed on. I was looking for obit information online and found your site with the coolest photo of Mikey in the Viper. He talked about Vipers and World Wrestling with me at school. I was one of his teacher aides and really loved this kid. The world has lost a sweet, sweet soul.

I just felt that since I found your site and realized the love you all had for him also that I'd let you know what happened. I don't know anything about arrangement, you may want to check the local Bergen County New Jersey newspapers.

Sorry to share such sad news.

Leticia Pellegrino-Kehoe"

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's very sad...it must've been awesome for Michael to have a dream ride with Steve Katz, which I'm sure left a big fat smile on Michael's face to the very end. RIP.

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, thanks for posting this...

We have lost a great child, and dear friend of the VCA. Michael was a wonderful young child and I will miss him dearly.

I want to thank all of you here at the VCA who helped us put a smile on this little guys face. He sent me a plaque with a photo on it with him standing next to a Viper. I have that plaque hanging next to my desk at work. The plaque thanks the NJ VCA for all we did for him and his family on that Memeorial day weekend.

Many of you probably didnt know this, but Michael presented us all with little Viper gifts that weekend in appreciation for what we did for him.

My heart and prayers go out to his Mom, Dad and big sister. They are wonderful people who have a tremendous loss on their hands, I ask you all to say a prayer for them.

Parents shouldn't have to bury their children.......

Rest in Peace my little buddy I will miss you! I will always remeber you and that great smile you showed the world while you battled so hard to fight the fight of your life, you are my hero!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad indeed...tho good to remember that Michael got such JOY from all of you who volunteered your time and Vipers especially for him. It DOES put things in perspective...RIP Michael. ~juli

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wake and Funeral Arrangements for Michael Wejsa

Kimak Funeral Home

201-438-6708
425 Broad St
Carlstadt, NJ

Tuesday August 12, 2008
2pm - 4pm then 7pm to 9pm

Wed 9am then directly to the church, First Presbyterian Church
475 Division Street
Carlstadt, NJ
Michael_Wejsa.jpg

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This flat out ***** :( I wonder what reason there would/could be for such a youngster to already have to leave us.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4