Navigation/radio install

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any of you guys recommend a good navigation installation for the Gen 3? Is one available from the factory? Also, how does modding the gen 3 w/ Nav affect resale?

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Buy a Garmin Nuvi 660. Its portable, use it in all your cars. Most bang for the buck. Stick it to the windshield, plug it in and off you go. No downside
Dave

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Factory RB1 Nav radio is now available as factory option on the 08. It also swaps right in on 03-06. You can also add sirius at that time. Both antenna for the gps and sirius fit nicely under the dash and look right up through the dashboard. Call Chuck Tator if you are going to do it yourself, he can tell you exactly how and where to put the stuff.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Factory RB1 Nav radio is now available as factory option on the 08. It also swaps right in on 03-06. You can also add sirius at that time. Both antenna for the gps and sirius fit nicely under the dash and look right up through the dashboard. Call Chuck Tator if you are going to do it yourself, he can tell you exactly how and where to put the stuff.
AWESOME!! This is definitely what I will do! Thanks

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a GEN II so can't quite picture the dash layout of yours, but I just got a Nuvi 680 a couple days ago and came up with this mount in a couple of minutes for zero dollars. It utilizes the factory suction mount which seems to be a very good one to me. I velcroed a small piece of thin metal to the dash and then suctioned the Garmin to it. Looks like it's going to work pretty slick! I looked at a lot of the mounts out there....the vent mounts seemed a little chinsy. I plan on leaving the mounting metal on permanently, but it could certainly be removed easy enough if one wanted. Double sided tape would work too. I'm sure this little piece could be dressed up a lot better, but the idea will work just fine. It's in a perfect location for driver and passenger and not interfering with anything.

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

Last edited:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
factory Rb1 works great and looks right at home. Really cleans up the interior. Look on ebay as you can usually find a good deal. I got mine for $675 while dealerships are selling them for ober 1200.

9384DSC04188.JPG

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
factory Rb1 works great and looks right at home. Really cleans up the interior. Look on ebay as you can usually find a good deal. I got mine for $675 while dealerships are selling them for ober 1200.

9384DSC04188.JPG
ABSOLUTELY LOVELY INTERIOR!

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rb1!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a Pioneer. MP3, NaV, Dvd, and kicker speakers love it the screen is big and you can open it or keep it closed. Not cheap but nice unit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper