1st at local show and shine

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

On my trip to Calgary I started the trip with the Laker's Car Show in William's Lake (211miles from home). I got first in class and a nice plaque. The trip went well too since the accountant told me how much taxes I had to pay and it was less than I thought. Made a small burnout vid and took some pics for the magazine article.

I logged my mileage this weekend down a twisty, hilly mountain highway and got an amazing 28mpg (imp. gal.) When I got to the big (smooth and straight) highway I drove at 70mph/122kph and got only about 23mpg. I'm going to try 70 mph in 5th gear next time and see if my mileage improves at the lower speeds.

Ted

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And still no pics. You'd think you would have learned from your first attempt that - :needpics:

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And still no pics. You'd think you would have learned from your first attempt that - :needpics:

No pics??? OK, I got the second one to be open in the post - you don't even have to click to see it. Sorry, can't help you with the pic that's included in the post.

Ted

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
She looks great Ted! Glad you're having fun! I will miss that car for a long time to come!

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I drove the car home from Chicago (2,000mi.+) I noticed that the mileage was better at 75mph than at 65. I figured I got 23mpg on average. When I had to slow down to drive on snow and ice the mileage went down to tubes ... and the car became dangerous. I don't think the tires have any traction under 40F.

The Viper is the worst car I've ever driven in the snow, period.

Ted

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks jdoc. I'm really enjoying the car! Planning on getting a few "firsts in class" this summer. Car's been working perfect and is a joy to drive.

Ted

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I drove the car home from Chicago (2,000mi.+) I noticed that the mileage was better at 75mph than at 65. I figured I got 23mpg on average. When I had to slow down to drive on snow and ice the mileage went down to tubes ... and the car became dangerous. I don't think the tires have any traction under 40F.

The Viper is the worst car I've ever driven in the snow, period.

Ted

:nono: Vipers are not snow mobiles :nono: :nono: use your SUV in the snow and save the Viper for nice days.:2tu:

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:nono: Vipers are not snow mobiles :nono: :nono: use your SUV in the snow and save the Viper for nice days.:2tu:
If you listen to this guy, you'll never drive your car! He won't drive on the road if he sees a few pebbles!:pbt: :pbt:

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you listen to this guy, you'll never drive your car! He won't drive on the road if he sees a few pebbles!:pbt: :pbt:

Only in Pekin where they put down some tar then throw rocks on it and you can use your car as a rolling pin to smash the rocks into the tar and call it a road. Pekin roads ****.:rant: :hitwithrock: :D :D

Or get a Ford GT for a winter car...:lmao: :bonker: :hahaha: :slap: :nana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave