Autoform tops

jbrasco70

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Autoform is currently having a sale on their hardtop window set.I called and spoke to the maker of the top, real nice gent.The top and windows are on sale for 3k painted! Wich I think is a great price, anyone that has an AF top please post on ur experience with the top...fit ,interior noise, ext noise,installation , removing top etc.. THANX in advance.:D

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those guys over at Autoform are great people. About 6 years ago, I had a 1993 Gen I and they gave me an incredible deal and helped me out with various issues I had with my car (that had nothing to do with them.) They are on my top list of people to deal with!

- Ron

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would also like to know how this top "latches" and is secured to car. Is rear glass "plexiglass" or real glass and are tops painted same color as car? Just curious as I have been considereing top for future use. Anyone with photos?

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would also like to know how this top "latches" and is secured to car. Is rear glass "plexiglass" or real glass and are tops painted same color as car? Just curious as I have been considereing top for future use. Anyone with photos?

The rear glass is not touched, the top goes on top of the sport bar piece, it is painted to match the car. The best top in my opinion. Lots of guys will tell you the 3 piece is the best, but if you see the inside the screws, latches, brackets showing loose, i will personally pass on that, just to have it fit in the trunk. No thanks...the AF makes the car look like a GTS when its on, and yes it comes prepainted.

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I used to have photos of the install after I got the latches on. I will try to dig them up. If we are talking about the early Gen I models, then there is a latch that you have to mount just underneath the hood area which has a part in it that you use to secure the hard top. It scared me at first but it worked out perfectly. I loved that top.

:2tu:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best top in my mind. Secures over the sport bar and latches in place and also secures under the hood as well. You only drill 4 holes where the latching mechanism goes and that is it. I had NO LIFT when I hit 160 at Road America a couple of years ago. Awesome friggin' top!!

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree w/ all above. Except I took the latching mech. off the rear and made a plate that bolted it down semi-permanetly. That took care of the clank noise when hitting bumps. (I don't take the top off)

mynewviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As usual the Viper family always gives excellent advice and opinions. I too have thought about getting one of these but have put it off.

OP
OP
J

jbrasco70

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I visited the site to view some close up pics of the top on and or off the car, but they just don't have the close up's I want..If anyone has some close ups of thier AF hood would u kindly post them .THANX

4chenry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have serial number 015. It needed some work and we called Autoform. They are sending new parts and new weather stripping to refurbish it. Best vendor we have dealth with so far.

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was just reading this thread and I really appreciate all of the nice comments about the Hardtop.
It was the first product that I had ever designed and tried to produce (I started the prototype process in 1994.) It has been a great product, but more importantly a life changing experience because of all the great people I have met and continue to meet in the Viper Community.
I am most proud of the fact that we have been producing Viper products for almost
14 years.
We have been working ******* some new products as well as updating some of our older classic Viper parts.
Thanks for all of your support over the years

Steve Dreyer

Richard H. Vitale

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was just reading this thread and I really appreciate all of the nice comments about the Hardtop.
It was the first product that I had ever designed and tried to produce (I started the prototype process in 1994.) It has been a great product, but more importantly a life changing experience because of all the great people I have met and continue to meet in the Viper Community.
I am most proud of the fact that we have been producing Viper products for almost
14 years.
We have been working ******* some new products as well as updating some of our older classic Viper parts.
Thanks for all of your support over the years

Steve Dreyer

Steve,

Where do I find the serial number for my Autoform Top?

Thank you,

Richard

4chenry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There should be a plate riveted on the top with the serial number stamped into it.

Attachments

• vp49um.jpg
    vp49um.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 26

4chenry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got the parts for the hard top and installed it. I also ordered the single rear wing. It arrived in no time and looks great. Thanks Steve!!

Christine

Picture_008.jpg

Picture_007.jpg

Picture_028.jpg

Picture_021.jpg

Picture_023.jpg

Picture_020.jpg

Picture_027.jpg

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an autoform hardtop for sale with windows PAINTED RED! has a few nicks in the paint but overall excellent condition

For Gen I
PM me if you are interested.

located in VA/MD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456