Spark Plug Wires

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:dunno: Hi all, I would like all of you to chime in on your choice of wires. Mopar OEM or AB wires? Which gives best performance.
Thanks again:2tu:

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used MSD's 8.5mm. They seem fine to me, I believe mopars OEM are probably also fine and less expensive. I think a set of OEM's can be had for around 70 bucks, unless your running modified, stock is fine.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt anyone has any hard evidence that any given set of wires is better than another. Just make sure that your new wires fit the OEM looms or else you will need to get new looms.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB's wires. No hard evidence but my seat of the pants meter was off the charts. My car ran stronger and smoother after I replaced the OEM wires with AB's. I wish a did a before and after dyno but you won't be disappointed. The quality of these wires is top notch.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB's wires. No hard evidence but my seat of the pants meter was off the charts. My car ran stronger and smoother after I replaced the OEM wires with AB's. I wish a did a before and after dyno but you won't be disappointed. The quality of these wires is top notch.
those wires look great. how do we contact him?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got some pretty hard evidence of issues with one wire vs. another. A brand new set of MSD's were arcing and the length on most wires were too long. I liked the magnacores until I figured out that they were the reason for my radio noise.

Ab's have been quite stout and the fit and finish are better than stock. I will keep using those for a while.

JD

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a shot of the ABs against the DC heatshields as a backdrop......
100_2461.JPG
[/IMG]

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB's are awesome! And look great too :headbang:

You must be registered for see images

img%5D

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank all for the advice.The AB's sound like top choice...did anyone using the AB' have a problem with them fitting the looms?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'ts a tight fit,the wires are 9MM: you can use a Dremel with a 9MM conical grinder to bore-out the fittings to make the snap-rings larger. I chose to have mine free flowing to show them better-you do have options depending on your taste.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for the support! Makes me wanna do another pictorial write up for ya! LOL!

B767Driver, I would love to have your business, but for right now as I discussed with you, if yours are working fine for right now, no need to change until it's time. When it's time, then let's talk. But not out to make a fast buck, just want happy customers and I will do what it takes to make ya happy. I don't think I have had one upset customer. By the way the wires are garaunteed for life from defects. If one wire goes bad, I will replace it.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Adam for your honesty! Mine are working great for now. I will just wait and make this a winter project. You will have my business!

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pick your color, great quality and customer service AB all the way. Used them on my roe car with stock looms ZERO problems 100% satisfied.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pick your color, great quality and customer service AB all the way. Used them on my roe car with stock looms ZERO problems 100% satisfied.
sounds great, i just need to get a dealer account set up with him, and we will start using them on customer's Vipers as well as my own!:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets