VCA Monroney Window Sticker Replacement Program

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Monroney replacement program was announced this past Thursday and the orders are already pouring in:

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=603348

In a nutshell: If you have a Viper and are a VCA member DCX will reprint a duplicate Monroney for you. This is the window sticker that was on your car when it sold new. Even better, it can be customized with your name in the "built especially for" field. Unfortunately, DCX records only go back about six years, so earlier Viper Monroneys are not available at this time.

Not a VCA member? Call VCA HQ at 800-998-1110 with your Viper VIN and they will be happy to get you all set up. We hope you enjoy this great program from the VCA!

V

Venomiss

It's in the thread above but this is the section explaining.

Please note that due to DCX limitations we are only able to permit orders for Viper Monroneys going back approximately six (6) years from the date your reprint order is placed. So if your car was built in May of 2001, DCX no longer has the records to produce a reprint.

Hope this helps.:)

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's in the thread above but this is the section explaining.

Please note that due to DCX limitations we are only able to permit orders for Viper Monroneys going back approximately six (6) years from the date your reprint order is placed. So if your car was built in May of 2001, DCX no longer has the records to produce a reprint.

Hope this helps.:)

this is VERY frustrating.. My 2001, has an 11/20/00 build date. I have been trying to get my window sticker since 2004 with no luck. Had the original dealer make 3 requests, and Dodge just blew them off.

To anyone (on this forum) who made this possible. Thank you!!!!! This is GREAT news for late 2001-up model years. My frustration is aimed at DC only. How they just disregarded my request for this, until it was too late.

Do we know if the records "really" no longer exist. Or is it simply an issue of DC not wanting to go back that far?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we know if the records "really" no longer exist. Or is it simply an issue of DC not wanting to go back that far?
We are being told that the records do not exist going past six years. Now is that to say that they were destroyed completely or simply that they are on some microfilm somewhere and would need to be found? I honestly don't know. Nonetheless, we can certainly appreciate your frustration and will continue to explore options for those past the six-year cutoff. Don't get your hopes up just yet, but don't completely give up either. :fingersx:

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the sticker can be modified/customized compared to the original, I will think that a notice of it should be clearly printed on it to avoid any mis-representation or worth in the future.

Luc 00GTS

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the sticker can be modified/customized compared to the original, I will think that a notice of it should be clearly printed on it to avoid any mis-representation or worth in the future.
Already got that largely taken care of: The wiindow stickers can be "modified" only if they are using the same last name as is on their VCA membership. So John Smith can't change it to Bill Gates or even John Gates - only Bill Smith or something else with the same last name (for family members, etc.). They can also elect to leave it blank as well.

We aren't worried if somebody changes it to their name from the original owner, not even if they try to misrepresent it. Example: My 2003 Viper is now with it's third owner (could be more, the last I heard was #3). The original window sticker (which I still have) shows "This vehicle was built especially for Chris Marshall". So the new owner (who must be a VCA member) changes it to Fred Flintstone and tells people (or a buyer) that he is the original owner. Well, the window sticker means nothing as both the Carfax AND the title will clearly show otherwise. And that is the most important part. :2tu:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for those who bought the car new, I can't imagine not having asked for the window sticker then. I got mine, and matched the font and "modified" if myself.

AC

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If they bought the car new they shouldn't even have to ask for the sticker. It's a law that only the buyer can legally remove the Monroney label from the window.

Pattymelt1285 had been making duplicate labels earlier this year but I don't know if he still does them. He did a beautiful laminated one for me, personalized with my name. The only difference that I can tell from a genuine label are some very inconspicuous words at the bottom about it not being an authentic reproduction label.

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand records being erased for Neons, but for Vipers????????
Isn't anyone with the slightest sensitivity to automobiles left at Chrysler anymore?

V

Venomiss

Thanks Venomiss!!!!:2tu:

No problem and I am going to ask the mods to merge the last current comments on the main thread in the VCA section since this was a three year old thread.
I don't think you make the cut off for your Viper but it's nice for a VCA member who has a viper that qualifies for it.;)

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No problem and I am going to ask the mods to merge the last current comments on the main thread in the VCA section since this was a three year old thread.
I don't think you make the cut off for your Viper but it's nice for a VCA member who has a viper that qualifies for it.;)
Yeah, just noticed it only goes back 6 or 7 years! :mad: Oh well!

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm the 2nd owner of my 2008 SSG, so I sent my payment in to obtain the original window sticker for my car a several weeks ago. I hadn't heard anything and then noticed that the VCA cashed my check this week, so I assume mine is on the way soon! Anyone know the typical turnaround time for this program once payment is received?

VIPERBARON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone has a 1997 that can scan & send me, I can alter it for my VIN & Name. I'd be very grateful. I'd need it in a clear, medium to large format. JPEG, PDF, or other photo image type.
Thanks.:D