VCA Monroney Window Sticker Replacement Program

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Monroney replacement program was announced this past Thursday and the orders are already pouring in:

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=603348

In a nutshell: If you have a Viper and are a VCA member DCX will reprint a duplicate Monroney for you. This is the window sticker that was on your car when it sold new. Even better, it can be customized with your name in the "built especially for" field. Unfortunately, DCX records only go back about six years, so earlier Viper Monroneys are not available at this time.

Not a VCA member? Call VCA HQ at 800-998-1110 with your Viper VIN and they will be happy to get you all set up. We hope you enjoy this great program from the VCA!

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in..... You'll get my call tomorrow

Got a sample of what Window Sticker replacement looks like?

Thanks

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in..... You'll get my call tomorrow

Got a sample of what Window Sticker replacement looks like?

Thanks

It is the EXACT duplicate of the original window sticker that came with that particular car - a decal and everything. It looked something like this:

ws5.jpg

It is particular to the VIN and year, so it will list any factory options the car may have had (stripes, VCA Edition, whatever). Very cool indeed.

Now the one single caveat is that you MUST be a VCA member to get this replacement Monroney - no exceptions. The good news is that once you get that membership you will see all the other great benefits rolling your way including VIPER magazine, exclusive raffles, and much more.

We look forward to seeing your membership soon. And be sure to drop me a PM when you are done and we will update your status on these forums so you can take advantage of the benefits offered here as well.

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've sent my request in via fax on the form provided. How long will it take to get and how do I know they recieved my request? eagles

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've sent my request in via fax on the form provided. How long will it take to get and how do I know they recieved my request? eagles

They have logged all the requests sent by fax so you should be good to go. If you are worried, give VCA HQ at 800-998-1110 to confirm. As for timing, we would normally suggest anywhere from 30-60 days, depending on the number of orders received. Per the announcement:

DELIVERY TIME NOTICE
Due to the administrative/logistical difficulty in obtaining historical information of this type, special ordering/delivery protocols must be applied. First, while each order will be technically a custom order pertaining to a single VIN # and may or may not have a custom name added, we can only process these orders in groups. As such, after your order is placed, it will await the arrival of other orders until we reach a predetermined number (expected to be between 10-25). The group of orders will then be submitted for special research/handling and printing on official Monroney paper and when completed will be returned to Viper HQ for shipping handling to members. As such, there will be delays in receipt of your order, but we hope to keep it down to a few weeks if possible. Again due to DCX limits we EXPRESSLY RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DELAY PROCESSING AND DELIVERY UNTIL THE FOREGOING PROCESS RECEIVES THE MININUM NUMBER TO ENABLE PROCESSING BY DCX.

Now that said, we have certainly received enough orders to send the first batch to DCX. I will check on the status tomorrow when our contact is back in the office. Thanks for your order!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sent mine in by mail today as I was not to keen on faxing my credit card pin number for the whole world to see as my credit card was compromised a few months back.

Robbie

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joined today and will try to go thru PAYPAL as to ordering my replacement VCZ Monroney window sticker I am now awaiting my Membership number and upgraded to Viper Owner/Member before I can use paypal. Looking forward to seeing what VCA offers. :usa:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to go through PayPal but I could not find a place to type in the "name change" on the form. I am sure the problem was me.

Robbie

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to go through PayPal but I could not find a place to type in the "name change" on the form. I am sure the problem was me.

Robbie

Yep, it's you! ;) Actually it seems to work fine with Internet Explorer (box is on lower left of payment screen) but with Firefox it doesn't show the box. If that is the case, there should be a link right below the "Item" formation that says "Add special instructions to seller". That will open a text box where you can enter the following:

Viper Year
Last 8 digits of VIN
VCA Member number
Phone number in case there are any problems

If you are ordering a custom reprint with your name in the "built especially for" box on the Monroney, then be sure to add the EXACT name as you want it to appear.

In the meantime I will see if I create a better link for non-IE browser users. Sorry about that!

Chris

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered mine yesterday and appreciate the help Chris. I've since learned to read "instructions" BEFORE making payment. Thanks again for your help! It's people like you this world needs more of! ...and thats a fact! :2tu:

You are right... there are no places for phone number (on paypal) ect but there is a place for "ADD SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO SELLER" to which you can put text message regarding year of Viper, last 8 VIN numbers, phone number and MEMBERSHIP #.

Last edited:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never would have thought I would need to "Add special instructions to seller". the instructions did not mention that from what I remember.. But my memory is a little shady in my old age! The good part is that it is on order and paid for!

Robbie

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going on 4 months and still waiting.....:dunno:
Better be careful with that math when your order date is clearly stated above in a post by you (and barely over one month at that)... ;)

Seriously, the first batch of orders were filled quickly as we had a LOT of them to process. Chrysler will not process individual orders and so they are sent in batches. This is directly from the original post:

"Also note that while each order will be technically a custom order pertaining to a single VIN number, we can only process these orders in groups. As such, after your order is placed, it will await the arrival of other orders until we reach a predetermined number (expected to be between 10-25). The group of orders will then be submitted for special research/handling and printing on official Monroney paper and when completed will be returned to Viper HQ for shipping handling to members. As such, there will be possible delays in shipment of your order, but we hope to keep it down to a few weeks if possible. Again due to DCX limits we EXPRESSLY RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DELAY PROCESSING AND DELIVERY UNTIL THE FOREGOING PROCESS RECEIVES THE MINIMUM NUMBER TO ENABLE PROCESSING BY DCX."

Bottom line: Your order IS in the works, but we have to have a certain number and/or time frame to get them fulfilled. Please understand that this is EXTREMELY unique and that no other manufacturer has a program like this of which I am aware - especially where you can customize the "built for" information. Heck, I don't know of any other car that has a "built especially for" box on the Monroney, but suspect a few high-end Italians might. We worked very hard to get this in place, so please have a little patience. The alternative is to simply have no such opportunity at all.

Thanks for your understanding.

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better be careful with that math when your order date is clearly stated above in a post by you (and barely over one month at that)... ;)

No problem Chris....
Guess maybe I was thinking it's been 4 months instead of 6 weeks. I appreciate all your doing and know it takes time. My apology for the 4 month vs the 6 weeks and again... take the time you need as I know it will be worth it.:bonker:

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been so long since I ordered mine I cannot remember when. Is there really a pony behind door number 2?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about that folks. As mentioned previously and repeatedly, "Again due to DCX limits we EXPRESSLY RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DELAY PROCESSING AND DELIVERY UNTIL THE FOREGOING PROCESS RECEIVES THE MINIMUM NUMBER TO ENABLE PROCESSING BY DCX." This is not a limit set up or controlled by the VCA. Indeed, we are grateful that our manufacturer has offered to do this for our members, as I know of not one single other manufacturer that does.

So you have a choice:
  1. Be patient and rest assured we are working the system as best as we possibly can.
  2. Be like 99.9999% of other car owners that could NEVER get a factory reprint of a Monroney for their particular car.
Monte, I believe I will happily take Door Number 1!

Oh, and you can check the status of your order by calling Viper HQ at 800-998-1110 (toll free). :2tu:

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine today.... It also came packaged very well. Thanks Chad, Bill and VCA

LOOKS TERRIFIC!!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a VCA #22652, where can I order online?
Why you sneaky devil you! ;) I checked your profile earlier and there was no VCA number listed (and your VIN is incorrect). You should now be all fixed up and ready to go! Besides access to avatars, free classified ads, and gobs of gallery space, you can now view the VCA Members forum. There you will find this post:

http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-members-only/603396-vca-monroney-reprint-program.html

Welcome aboard and sorry we missed you earlier! :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
Did they forget about me again?
Its been a real long time.
Last time you emailed me regarding a physical address instead of my PO box, was on August 28, 2007.
Thanks,
Steve
Steve -

I will check on it in the morning (coming up in just a few short hours). Sorry for the delay, but I know it was a smaller batch and we needed more for Chrysler to process. We should be above and beyond that minimum and I will follow up with you ASAP.

Thanks for your patience.

Chris

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris - Still waiting here to for that pony behind door number 1. Maybe I haven't received mine because Monte retired.:rolaugh:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris - Still waiting here to for that pony behind door number 1. Maybe I haven't received mine because Monte retired.:rolaugh:
Well it sounds like that particular batch of orders is at Chrysler. We have calls in to find out if they are still drawing them by hand... :D Seriously, sorry for the slight delay but rest assured they ARE being worked. It will be worth the wait!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...any progress made on getting stickers for those of us beyond the May 2001 cutoff date? I hear significant advances are being made in the field of information technology, namely backup tape restore technology, almost every day :poke:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth