A few different questions - ?

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1.) has anyone had screws fall out at the rear of the underbody panel at the point where the panel meets the diffusers? i lost 3 out of the 5 screws! the only way i knew was that the car would "clang" when i shut the trunk.

2. my car smells really bad sometimes and it is an intermitent problem so i can't opinpoint what it is. i think it might have something to do with the clutch. i don't know why i think that... it's not because i have misshifted, it's just a gut feeling.

3. lastly, when i drive my car hard (even for a very short distance, 1 mile, 2 miles) i smell really bad burning rubber smell. i have not been smoking the tires though. last week i pulled up to a stop light after a few quick sprints on a fairly crowded road and i could see SMOKE coming from the rear of the car. i could not pinpoint it because i was at a light and could not get out.

any comments or guesses on any of these issues?:dunno:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Not sure, but I dont think so....will check tonight
2. Yes, sometimes when it is hot, it smells like Fritos in the car...if I turn the air on, it goes away. My guess is it is something in the ventilation system...that is why it goes away when the air is on. Or maybe somebody left a bag of Fritos in the door panel;)
3 No

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
1 - Yes, a few now. Some have also fallen out of my sills. You need to check them regularly.

2 - Try the "recirc" mode on the A/C setting. If you're not in recirc, engine air can get into the driver's compartment.

3 - This could be so many things. Low tires, tires rubbing body - lowered car, over greased zirc fittings, brake fluid, diff fluid, rubber in between the rotor / brake pad or just normal.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the above are great places to start looking but really you need to take it to the dealer as this is near impossible to fix on this forum without seeing the car on a lift.

Robbie

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes check all the screws and bolts periodicly...I even had some of the front fender bolts get loose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456