Waxing your ride.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on the P21S Concours Wax. Amazing shine. Another plus is that the formula is virtually free of dyes and perfumes. So if you get it on rubber or trim, it just wipes off without leaving any white wax residue. Also, it is not necessary to wait 10-15 minutes for the product to haze like some other waxes. You actually get the best results by buffing off immediately.

I have also used One Grand Blitz Wax with good results. The wax protection is a little longer lasting than the P21S.

/Rich

viperdp

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been using Zymol (the more expensive mid line paste not liquid in a bottle) for years and I do find a little water on the apllicator helps especially if it is quite warm when waxing. In fact I believe zymol recomends wetting the car and then drying it with an absorbant wipe\towel after waxing to help the wax set. I like zymol because it is easy to apply and contains nothing that can harm the paint. After waxing I always wash the car with just water and keep it out if the sun when storing. I use an "absorber" to dry the car and it alwys looks great. Only drive the car in summer and I find 2 waxes a summer is more than enough. Occasionally I do strip the wax and start over by washing the car with a very mild dish detergent and then use Zymol's HD cleanse. I had a BMW (Summers only) for 20 years and the paint looked brand new doing this when I finally sold it. Now doing the same on my Viper.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Zymol is nice stuff, but haven't used it in years. Not sure if it's still the same.

Be careful with the Absorber. If you pick up any dirt, you're gonna scratch your car. I have a ton of Absorbers. Use them in the toterhome shower! Won't touch my car with one! I use a waffled microfiber drying towel.

viperdp

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good point, I know the absorber is somewhat hard so it could be prone to that if dirt gets on it, I never thought of that. I will look for some softer cloths...Thanks

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wet my absorber first with the hose to make sure it is nice and soft again then wring out the water and start wiping the cars down, so far so good (cross my fingers)!

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wet my absorber first with the hose to make sure it is nice and soft again then wring out the water and start wiping the cars down, so far so good (cross my fingers)!

A couple more times with that absorber and you will definitely get the swirls you are creating to pop nice in the sun....

viperdp

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Always have used Zymol , have used different ones all $50 - $100. and have had excellent results. Once bought the "cheap" zymol $15. in a bottle, it was not good. I always use a damp applicator. I think I read on one Zymol product that they recomend spray wetting the car after waxing it to help set the wax and then drying it with a micro fiber towel. I do find that after waxing I always wash the car with just water and the shine seems to get better after every wash so I think there is something to wetting the car to help the wax set.

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been using " Simply Z Best Car Wax " for years. It gives a great shine and it removes swirl marks, minor scratches and bird droppings without damaging the paint. The coating lasts for months, no applicator needed; just a regular cotton cloth. Simply wipe on, wait a seconds, then wipe off. It costs about $16 per bottle.

www.Z-bestcarwax.com

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few things in live gives Men as much satisfaction as stepping back to take a proud look at his freshly waxed car.

No matter which wax you use, some of the finest, and reasonably priced microfiber application and removal cloths come from www.theragcompany.com

I have so much, unused, waxing products in my garage that it should last me for years : >)

Last edited:

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any of you guys ever heard of a product called Xylon? It is extremely popular in florida with car dealerships. I recently had it applied to my maxima and the cleanliness is far beyond normal waxing. I don't know if I am that brave to put it on my Viper tho....

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I'm probably gonna get beaten up for this one, but this is what I have used for years with awesome results. It's called Super Glaze from The Wax Shop. Can't find it as much any more, and I see Mcguires came out with something similar, but it's not the same. I did find a website that sells the "replacement" of Super Glaze as VIP Liquid Wax by The Wax Depot. Has anyone else ever heard of this or used it? I don't have much detailing knowledge or experience, but I have a black '03 SRT/10 and it shines and looks like you can reach into it when I'm done. No scratches and the best thing I like is it dries clear so it doesn't matter if you accidentally get it on trim. I used it on all my vehicles. My last black car was an '03 Mustang Mach 1 and I took home quite a few trophies from shows just from the flawless paint. Very hard to get black that shiny without showing blemishes. This stuff does it. I just wish I could find more.

Now.......start beating!!!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I'm probably gonna get beaten up for this one, but this is what I have used for years with awesome results. It's called Super Glaze from The Wax Shop. Can't find it as much any more, and I see Mcguires came out with something similar, but it's not the same. I did find a website that sells the "replacement" of Super Glaze as VIP Liquid Wax by The Wax Depot. Has anyone else ever heard of this or used it? I don't have much detailing knowledge or experience, but I have a black '03 SRT/10 and it shines and looks like you can reach into it when I'm done. No scratches and the best thing I like is it dries clear so it doesn't matter if you accidentally get it on trim. I used it on all my vehicles. My last black car was an '03 Mustang Mach 1 and I took home quite a few trophies from shows just from the flawless paint. Very hard to get black that shiny without showing blemishes. This stuff does it. I just wish I could find more.

Now.......start beating!!!

No beating from me. I've found that just about any wax works good if you spend the time properly prepping the surface.
Check this wax out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dpZju2x1lkE

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have all got it wrong...I use Zymol concours, been using it 10 years, its bloody amazing, BUT, dont use an applicator, put a bit in your fingers, it melts and work it
in with your fingers, using an applicator wastes too much