Softer Viper ride

mark

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 93 Viper has what I consider a smooth ride. My 2006 SRT-10 coupe's ride is harsh and bumpy, and consequently hurts my back. The new car has the run flat tires. What can be done to give my new Viper a smoother, more comfortable ride?

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wow! My impression was just the opposite. My older RT/10 was a little too firm and harsh. At VOI9 I was amazed at how plush and comfortable the SRT Coupe was. Maybe it was just the seats, but I think the SRTC would be better for a long haul.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a 1" seat lowering kit in my SRT and it made a world of difference in comfort. For some reason it felt much more comfy after the kit was installed.

(Was also nice to be able to look out the center of the windshield.)

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loosing the run flats and installing the new PS2s will definately take some of the harshness out of the ride.

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1-800-buyA-vette

why be an a$$ they clearly have back problems so they cannot put up with it, you should buy a vette so you can be a dick like all the vette drivers are instead of making viper owners look bad.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not all of us are rough here!! Ditto to Venomiss--PS2's. The Viper is BORN to be a rough ride, however....it's what we expect. ~juli

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not all of us are rough here!! Ditto to Venomiss--PS2's. The Viper is BORN to be a rough ride, however....it's what we expect. ~juli

Hey Juli... You know a lot... Why'd they stop making the Pilot Sport for the Gen2? Read it on another post, went to the Michelin web site, and they have every size but the Viper Gen2 size. Whassup with that?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Juli... You know a lot... Why'd they stop making the Pilot Sport for the Gen2? Read it on another post, went to the Michelin web site, and they have every size but the Viper Gen2 size. Whassup with that?

Sorry, Dave...I don't know the answer to that question...thank you for the compliments...I know some, but do not know all!~! :omg: ;) Guess you'd have to contact Michelin for that question, or Luke from TireRack? Possibly JonB also might know from partsrack.
~juli