Prayers for Gary....

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....I mentioned in another thread here he was hurt in wreck at Viperdays Finals. Here is a post from someone there from the "other" board:

"FYI, Gary had a pretty bad crash at the Viper Days event at Texas World Speedway. I spoke with his wife Libby today. Gary is in ICU at the College Station Medical Center. They hope he will be out of ICU by Tuesday.

Please say a prayer for Gary and his family for his quick and full recovery!"

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will do. Gary has been a big part of the Viper Racing League and Viperdays. The ICU part isn't good but at least it sounds like he may be moved in a couple of days.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what I had heard earlier from some folks at the Viper Days event. Gary wrecked his Competition Coupe by sliding sideways very hard into a retaining wall - passenger side is what took the brunt of the trauma. His seat belt wasn't not properly fastened (one of the six points wasn't clicked in) and he was unconscious when emergency personnel arrived. His first question when he regained consciousness was "how's the car?" He was hospitalized and has been in the ICU since then. His blood pressure was dangerously low and he is still having problems with his kidneys.

Our prayers go out to him (and Libby!) for a speedy recovery.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met Gary and Libby for the first time in Sebring this year. Libby & I have talked on the phone many times and she is a wonderful woman. She also has a Comm Edition like I do.
My prayers go out to Gary and also to you Libby to stay strong during these hard times.

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my favorite Viper Days drivers/family. Get well soon.

Gary_mag_cover.jpg

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sigh - been praying for Gary and Libby since getting the call. Sure hope he has a speedy recovery.

Henry and I wish them the best.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary and Libby have tirelessly worked behind the scenes of the VCA as well as serving as one of the Presidents years ago in the club's infancy.....Gary always has a great hello to anyone, tries to help younger, newbies to the track and a great supporter of the VCA and Viper Nation....my thoughts are with others as we hope for a total and speedy recovery...Denny

EALASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you ALL so much for the kind words and mostly your PRAYERS. I very quick update....I just spoke with Gary's ICU nurse, he had a pretty good night and they are getting ready to remove the breathing tube. His BP has been holding pretty steady for the past 24 hours (very good sign) but we still have some kidney function issues that are improving slightly but still of concern. He is doing MUCH better than on Saturday or even yesterday morning, but not out of the woods yet. Again THANK YOU but please keep up the prayers.

Libby Lashinsky

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Got an update yesterday that Gary's blood pressue had stabilized, which is good news.

Gary and Libby, we are thinking about you and praying for you.

You are Viper Nation VIPs!

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On behalf of the PA-WV Viper Club, our thoughts & prayers are with both Gary and Libby. Please keep us posted on his recovery.

Denny

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a little levity...

"How's the car?" ...that kills me! :D

As a Viper nut, deep down, we all know we would have asked the same question.

Get better soon!

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a little levity...

"How's the car?" ...that kills me! :D

As a Viper nut, deep down, we all know we would have asked the same question.

Get better soon!

On behalf of SoCal VCA and specially from our team of “track rats”, our prayers and most sincere wishes for a full and speedy recovery for Gary.

Our prayers also go to Libby, as this is a very difficult time in her life.

Once Gary feels (much) better, he can update us on “How’s the car”.:(

I guess, deep down, we are all the same when it comes to our Vipers, as to so many of us, they are such a big part of our lives.

Vypr Phil

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The So Cal VCA wishes Gary a speedy recovery!

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary please stay strong. I have had some great times at the track with you guys and many years racing with Gary. You guys in our thoughts and prayers and Gary we are thinking of you. Libby thanks for the update, please keep us posted and let me know there is anything I can do from here.

Bernie

EALASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary is still in ICU, however they did remove his breathing tube today and he is doing very well with that. He can finally TALK a little now. They are still watching kidney functiion and major bruising situation but we are seeing improvements steadily. We are hoping to have him out of ICU in the next couple of days and into a regular room, at least that's what we are praying right now.

I also want to clairfy something that I saw posted regarding his belts. On the Pace Lap, his right shoulder belt came unhooked. I was on the radio with him and we were preparing for him to come in to have it taken care of, he radioed me back and said he had it fastened and was good to go. There is no doubt in my mind that it was securely hooked or he would have come in. To the best of my knowledge there were no further problems with the belts and in fact one of the DR.'s in the ER indicated to me Saturday evening that it was a very good thing that he had ALL of the safety equipment he had and that it "ALL DID IT'S JOB, otherwise we would not be here talking...you (me) would be visiting ANOTHER area of the hospital"

I feel very strongly that with the injuries he did have, had his HANS and belts not been secured properly his injuries would have been much much worse.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, just don't stop yet please.

Libby Lashinsky

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a rapid and complete recovery.

Don and Maggie Peterson
Jacksonville, FL

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gary, stay strong man, heal quickly and I certainly hope your back in the seat of a Viper soon!! I was hoping to meet you at TWS as I have heard so many good things about you over the years. I signed up too but caught a bad head cold the day before and did not enter. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Libby -

Again, very best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery. Sorry if the seatbelt information wasn't accurate (my bad), as we were getting updates right from the track after it happened. They said that one of the six points hadn't "clicked" and that was what had tossed him around a bit. Of course we were also told that it was "Eddie Labrinski" that was hurt, so we already know how well that particular game of "telephone" was being played. Not very well.

Again, our hopes and prayers for Gary and for you during this tough time. You have always been there for the VCA and now it is our turn to be there for you.

Keep us posted,

Chris

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No better people than Gary and Libby.

Gary has a strength that shows through to everyone that has the pleasure to meet him. May this strength now speed him on a complete recovery.

"How's the car". That cracks me up.

You have so many Viper friends. We are all pulling for you.

Get well soon Gary.

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your accident Gary. Get well soon.

Our thoughts are with you, Libby and your family.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper