Shifter gasket torn

Braceviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been complaining about the heat in my console for months. Mark Jorgensen told me to look at it and see if the rubber gasket was torn. I looked and it is shredded. I bought the car new from Woodhouse, they modified the shifter. When talking to him he said "we'll see what we can do". I understand that I live 1500 miles from them but I paid for a new car not one with a torn shifter gasket and now I am expected to fix it myself. What do you guys think? Bill P are you out there? I have no idea how to replace the gasket and how difficult it is!!!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SHIFTER When I installed our AtRo Shifter Kit on my 2003 viper the rubber boot was torn before I removed it. It was torn from the factory and let a ton of heat inside the cockpit. The part number for mine on a 2003 is
5037319AA
SHIFTER BOOT

and cost me $40.00. You can see parts break downs for other year vipers on my website at: http://www.members.aol.com/AtroRacingTeam/PRODUCTS/AtRoRacingsProductCatalog

I hope this helps you out,

Robbie

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi There, I had the same problem, I called Chuck Tator .It's going to happen over time. The heat from the engine is so hot and is trap under the car. And living in Florida on a 90 degree day in slow traffic the car will get very hot. I replaced mine it take less than an hour for someone like myself that has no mechanical ability, half the time looking for tools. I changed some exhaust work and put in a 180 degree thermostate, much cooler. RICK

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Mine was torn too.

Had to drill out the rivets but replacing it was relatively easy.

Dan

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here-replaced at 6000 miles. Mine was easy because I had already drilled out the rivets when I put in the mopar hurst shifter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456