water spots

steve austin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the best way to get water spots off of the paint and glass. No matter how much I try to clean the windows I can't get the marks off the glass. Is there a polish or a cleaner that I can use.

Thanks for your help

Steve Austin

OP
OP
S

steve austin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes I have tried windex on the glass. I also tried a product call invisable glass. Nither would take the spots off the glass.

Steve Austin

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Griots Garage makes a glass polish that does take off water spots from glass. I also use it on my windows in my house. Seems to work very well.

- Tony

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks tony. Do you have a link to this product?

Steve Austin

Any good glass polish should work. Zaino also sells a nice glass polish which I use all the time. It also makes the wipers work much better and eliminates chatter.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2...ode=Z-12&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=14

As far as the paint I would use a good SSR like Zaino Fusion ZPC, Menzerna FPII or 3M 39009 preferably with a foam polishing pad and a ROB set @ 5.5. :2tu:

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam's detail is the best for getting any kind of water spots or light dust off of any car and having it look fantastic. I love all their stuff, everything they produce is top notch.

Here are some pictures of my car using their products:
side_new.jpg

back2_new.jpg

right_side_new.jpg

Here is a link to their site:
http://www.adamspolishes.com/

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Water spots are mineral deposits, plain and simple. The best and safest way to get them off any surface is to just use some white vinegar...and it's CHEAP! It's the same priniciple as cleaning a coffee maker. Just apply with a paper towel (on glass), or a microfiber (on paint). it may take a few applications, but it works great.

OP
OP
S

steve austin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I have a clay bar here to try but I think I will just use the vinegar first. I never thought about it but it has worked in other situations in the past.

Thanks again
Steve Austin

Last edited:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any good glass polish should work. Zaino also sells a nice glass polish which I use all the time. It also makes the wipers work much better and eliminates chatter.

Wipers....why would you need to use your wipers:omg:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wipers....why would you need to use your wipers:omg:

On those RARE occasions when you get caught out in the rain. :lmao:

Yes, vinegar may work in some situations but you would be surprised how fast acid rain or the sun beating through the water drop can etch your clear coat and in these situations you will need a mild polish.

Vipers9500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can also use #0000 steel wool to remove stubborn water spots from exterior glass. Be careful not to scuff the surrounding black trim.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is another ingredient that should be added to the vinegar. Corn starch. Miw some in until it turns cloudy. The is just enough of an "abrasive" in a very soft way will not scratch at all to rub off the the mineral spots that the vinegar loosens up.

Its my grandma's recipe not mine. If you are skeptical, try it on a house window.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had some sort of water spots on the windows of my Excursion for a long time. I thought I had tried everything, vinegar, clay...you name it.

They drove me nuts, especially on the darker windows.

A neighbor lent me his bottle of Zaino's Glass Polish and I was amazed. It took all the spots out and made the glass look great! I have since ordered my own.

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
White Vinegar... straight. I put some on a wash mitt and wash the painted areas and glass. Just rinse off well afterwards... you are set!

Jason

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper