Austin Needs OUR Help!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of us have been aware that Austin has been having some health problems for some time now. And unfortunately he has NO health insurance. Most of you know of all the Photoshop help he has extended to us over the years in order that we could visualize what our new car would look like in that brand new color if we ordered it, or how that new set of wheels would look if they were black and the car was lowered. Indeed Austin is the main reason I bought my 06 after seeing how the new wheels would look on it, and my desktop right now is an Austin signature lowered 08 Black Coupe with Red Stripes. Without that Photoshop I would not have placed an order. I'm sure many of you have similar stories. Especially regarding wheel choices and lowering. Companies such as HRE, Forgeline, Eibach, and Moton all owe Austin a big thanks for the business they wrote after Austin fulfilled a Photoshop request.
In addition many of you probably do not know that Austin worked unpaid to help put together some of the better avatars on the VCA site as well as helping with graphics during the transition to the new software here..

IT'S TIME TO GIVE BACK FOLKS. Both Chris and I noticed a post on the Alley soliciting some monetary help through Paypal to give Austin a hand. Chris and I spoke this morning and agreed that we certainly owe Austin as much here if not more. I'm pasting in the post from the Alley below, as you may note there is a lawyer volunteering to handle the funds as well as a PayPal address listed. You may not know some of the User Names in the post but both Chris and I can vouch for them as the REAL DEAL. No risk, no worries as to your money getting to Austin. And really no reason to set up a separate paypal address or mix funds with the VCA. Let's just all jump on the same bandwagon and give heavily.

Post from the Alley/Sticky at the top of Anything Goes.

"As some of you may or may not know, Austin (our esteemed photoshop king) is a young man with some escalating health problems. He was diagnosed with polycythemia vera (a blood disorder) and has to go in weekly for blood work. He has been feeling progressively worse lately, and is now being sent to not only a hemotologist but a cardiologist as well. Austin has not been able to work steadily due to his health, and although he has never complained to his friends here, we realize that things can not be easy financially for him right now with no health insurance and no steady income.

There have been many ***, many emails and many phonecalls between his friends here discussing our concerns with his situation. Jerome, Ms. Jeff, Dohhunter, Whitebeard, DNR and myself have decided enough is enough. We would like to make an appeal to our fellow Alley family members to help this young man out. DNR as you may know, is a lawyer and he has agreed to be trustee for any funds we may raise to help Austin out with his daily expenses and medical bills. Ms. Jeff has agreed to let us use her paypal account to collect funds to help Austin thru this difficult time. We would like to keep this as a secret from Austin for right now, and we will remove this post within 10 days. At that time we will let him know what has been done. We also ask that you keep him in your prayers!"

Please, if you would like to help him out, donate to the PayPal account linked here.

Last edited:

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Austin Could Use Some Help!

Sent

Didn't know Austin had this problem. Good man--will be praying for him.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will there be a web page set-up for on going updates and contrabutions while still keeping in on the QT?

Just a thought

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quick update from Ms. Jeff M, the young lady who has helped organize all of this:

Good afternoon everyone. Just a quick update, things are moving along great with our donations. I have seen some really great personal messages attached to the paypal message areas. I plan on forwarding them all to Austin once this is over, so feel free to add anything personal you want-I will not tell anyone how nice you really are and ruin your online reputation.

Jen

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to say THANK YOU to everyone. Im speechless and a little embarrassed, but greatly appreciate everything. I dont feel my thank you's are enough to be honest. There are some wonderful people on here. This is really overwhelming.

I never knew that I had this much support from all of you. I pray that God will bless all of you ten-fold.

Thank you so much.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to say THANK YOU to everyone. Im speechless and a little embarrassed, but greatly appreciate everything. I dont feel my thank you's are enough to be honest. There are some wonderful people on here. This is really overwhelming.

I never knew that I had this much support from all of you. I pray that God will bless all of you ten-fold.

Thank you so much.

Your good people Austin and we'd like to keep you around.:D
There's many of us and only one of you so please keep us posted.:2tu:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your good people Austin and we'd like to keep you around.:D
There's many of us and only one of you so please keep us posted.:2tu:

Thanks, Andrew. I will keep you posted. Right now Im just trying to keep my faith strong and putting it in Gods hands.:)

Thanks again to everyone. I cant say it enough.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, how exactly do I contribute? I clicked on the link, and it appears for a second then it vanishes. Is there a way to send a check or can someone help me w/ the Pay Pal? I would love to help out.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, how exactly do I contribute? I clicked on the link, and it appears for a second then it vanishes. Is there a way to send a check or can someone help me w/ the Pay Pal? I would love to help out.

Do you have an open Paypal account? I just logged in and cut and pasted the e-mail address shown in the beginning of the thread. No troubles.

Best to you, Austin.

~Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper