Brand New to the Forum. Just picked up first VIPER!

T.C.z.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've perused these boards for a few weeks now, and I figured I would join up considering my dad and I just bought our very first Viper. It's an '01 GTS, red, and completely unmolested. We used to own an NSX, and after test driving a Viper about a month ago, my dad and I both knew we just had to have one.

I look forward to becoming more familiar with all things about the Viper, and after just a short time, I'm already an addict.

TC

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome T.C.z,

Great car!! You will love owning that Viper and feel free to elaborate on which you got ....there is some discussion here at the site about which color is fastest and we will need both your Dad's and your opinion on this.

Regards,
Aaron

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TCz,
Let me be the first to welcome you to the board and to Viper ownership. :) The Viper is a unique sports car as you will come to appreciate more and more. The NSX is very nice car with very good looks but lacks the performance of the Viper's V10. Good luck with your GTS, you have chosen the color wisely as Viper red is the best color IMHO:2tu:
PavenomRT/10 (red w/Connolly leather)

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome as you couldn't have found a better board to get information, and help regarding your Viper. Also the people are great and unlike other boards very well respect one another. Take the time to look around and you'll find it's a great place to join. Enjoy your new snake and beware of it's fangs. It's deadly if not totally respected :usa:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome T.C.z.!!! You are very welcome here on the forums...lots of friendly people to answer questions, chat with, find out more about your specific '01 GTS (EXcellent choice)...I have always loved the NSX myself!! ENJOY!! ~juli~

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome T.C.z,

Great car!! You will love owning that Viper and feel free to elaborate on which you got ....there is some discussion here at the site about which color is fastest and we will need both your Dad's and your opinion on this.

Regards,
Aaron

Aaron is a little misleading. There isn't a lot of discussion about which color is fastest. There are guys who say red is fastest and then its the jealous guys who complain, but admit we are right :D An 01 GTS is a great choice, red is a better choice! Enjoy it and be safe! Welcome to the party :nana:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron is a little misleading. There isn't a lot of discussion about which color is fastest. There are guys who say red is fastest and then its the jealous guys who complain, but admit we are right :D An 01 GTS is a great choice, red is a better choice! Enjoy it and be safe! Welcome to the party :nana:

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, there IS some discussion about what color IS the fastest...we have NOT fully determined the physics of it all as of yet---BLACK is the fastest at night with the lights off!!!! So there.....:D ~juli~

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Congrats! Make sure the wheels are pointed straight when you're getting on the GO pedal as you don't want to get snake bit by the torque of the V10. Also, if original tires - consider updating as 6 year old tires - even with tread will leave a lot to be desired.

Good Luck!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
WELCOME to the group!!. Suggest that you contact the VCA in your area and get in on a summer of FUN !!!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed with the above. Be careful the first times out. Don't go crazy. We see it time and time again. First two weeks. Then the crying starts as someone drove into a ditch. We have not had that in a while. Don't be the next one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave