Bird Poop

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I took a 4-day diving class in Ft. Lauderdale and my car was left outside while I was out on the boat.

A bird took a crap on the hood which then baked under the hot Florida sun for two days. When I finally got home, I washed the car. The particulate matter of the bird poo washed away easily enough, but now there is a 'stain' on the paint. I used soapy water and rubbed the area with a cloth, but it's not going anywhere.

Does anyone know of a product that will remove bird poop stains?

Thanks!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chances are you are going to need to lightly wet sand the area with some 3000 unigrit paper and then repolish to a shine. You may be able to do this by hand in a small area like that but a rotary polisher is usually recommended to bring back the shine.

I would first try some swirl remover like Zaino ZPC or 3M 39009 by hand but chances are it will only improve it slightly pending on how deep it actually is. Since you say it baked for 2 days in the sun I am assuming it is pretty deep and hope even the wet sanding will fix it. It is possible that it could have penetrated the clear coat and could be a permanent stain. Sorry to hear this, I wish you luck.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
swirl cutter 2-3 times then polish 3-5 times...if this doesn't work...then you have to break out the compound as a last resort and hope that does it.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing on my car. Seems like everytime a bid does this to my car, I get another stain. I even get it off as soon as I notice it and still it does not come out.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Zaino and ask them if they have a certain product that will work.:dunno:

I hate birds!:mad: I guess we should be glad cows can't fly!:)

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
acid is acid...I have been told I have one of the nicest Gen 1's around....and it has over 60k miles on it. I have been through a lot of products and there is a trick...its called your style of driving and parking...

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Tried something that worked to remove my particular bird poop stain. I do not know if this will work on all bird poop stains. I do not know if this will damage your paint. I am not recommending this procedure, just letting those who are interested know that it worked for me.

I read on a car detailing board that WD-40 works well to get bird poop stains off cars. I figured it couldn't hurt, so I sprayed a little WD-40 on the stain, let it sit for about 30 seconds, then wiped it off.

No change whatsoever. But, I figured no harm no foul. Went back inside.

A couple days later I pull my car out to take a drive, and notice that the bird poop stain is gone. I thought maybe I couldn't see it in the shade from the house, so I pull into direct sunlight and still, no stain. Not a trace. Not even a shadow from the stain.

I have no idea how it worked, but I'm guessing the WD-40 residue, over the course of a couple days, somehow removed whatever it was the bird poop deposited into the clear coat.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino Fusion will work. It will remove it but it is not overly aggressive. I use it all the time with blemishes in my clear coat.

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: wd 40 will do anything go on there web site and you will find that there are 1000's of thing you can do with wd40.I have a company and when I need to reverse plans on a house I spray it on the back side and bingo the copier will read it through the wd 40. Keep me from going to a copier shop.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah... Got hammered yesterday with my '01. Hot hood, screaming fast bird. Clay bar did NOTHING. I'll be hitting Griot's up for their $200.00 polishing kit.

Anyone want to go bird hunting?!?

Reaction score
My 96 RT red was dropped on by a dirty bird and the droppings washed off within a couple hours but the clear coat was etched. Not sure how the different colors and model years react to the dirty birds?