Pocono Track Day Aug. 16

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone traveling up Wed night? If so, where are you staying? Best Western?

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have him bring it in that day, but fax the registration form to me on Monday at 201-601-9330, this way I have him counted in ahead of time.

Thank You!
Bobby

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Important Notice

Helmets must be
SA 2000 or SA 2005

You will not pass tech inspection with a Motorcycle Helmet or lesser rated Helmet

Sorry!
We were just informed by Pocono

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick, any NY guys know of a place to buy a helmet? I know there was a place up off Route 84, but I forget the name. For a friend for Pocono thursday,

Thanks,

Andrew

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, what Group is your friend going to run in? I'll probably run in Green so if he/she is in Red or Blue, they could borrow mine as a last resort...

Ron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a great time all of you going to Pocono Track Day...wish we were going with ya!!
PICS when y'all get back, ok? ~juli~

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm leaving CT around 5ish...hopefully I'll see some of you on the road heading down there. - Tony

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to leave later to try to avoid the traffic. Where you staying?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best Western at Blakeslee, pretty close to the track. I'm going to head out soon as traffic clears up a bit. Hope to get there by 9:00pm. - Tony

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Staying there also. I am sure I will be later then you since I plan to leave around 9pm. Hope there is some decent parking.

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you can't sleep because you know the Pocono Track Day is tomorrow........and you decided to go to work instead:nono:

Save yourself, print out the form and head out to Pocono......and sound sick when you calll your boss in the morning!

0 Days Left Until Pocono

click here

or Kick Yourself Here :*****: on the 17th
for not going:crazy2:

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got home from the track, and boy did I have a great time!

The day went without any problems to speak of, just perfect:2tu:

Great people plus great weather plus perfect driving conditions= Happy VCA Members:)

I do owe an apolgy to a man who puts his heart and soul into our club, a guy that would do anything for you, a guy we all affectionately call "THE WRENCH". Scotty Sorentino, from Warnock Dodge.

Scotty, I did not acknowledge you today, and for that I am sorry! You are a key part of our club, but most importantly our friend! Thank you for a great job today from the bottom of my heart!:2tu:

Another special Thank you to Donna, our club administrator.

Thanks Donna, we all appreciate what you do for us, you are the glue that keeps our club together!

and last but not least.......
MOJO and his crew from Blue Mountain Ski Patrol and his team of instructors for making our day safe and fun! You guys are the best in the business!

See you all next year at Pocono

Bobby

Wait, I forgot one thing....

What really made my day today
was when I was driving to Pocono and passed Andrew Cinque:drive: ............and yes he was behind me the rest of the way there......

OK, it was a different story when we got on the track:omg:

Last edited:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A GREAT DAY !

Thanks Bobby and Tom and all others who put the effort in to make it a great day. Don't know if it was just me, but I feel like there were a lot more very serious guys (and girls) there today very well prepared to go very fast.

Ed B, ...tell me, next year are you having your sons drive the truck and you show up by Helicoptor? It seems like every year you step up the game. Good for you.

Dave, looking forward to those pics. Too bad about the car, but it's all fixable and at least you knew enough not to let it get worse.

Tony, good to meet you.

Bobby, next year, same time, same pass on Rt. 80, lets see who wins.

Everyone else I have to say. It's nice to come away from an event with no problems. We are lucky to have a great club and great members with which to share these events. Everyone friendly, no problems, the sun was out, who could ask for more ?

By the way, I forget your name but your daughter ran in the Blue group? Red GTS parked next to me. Wish I was out there to see how she did. That's great. Wish I could have gotten my girls to get into it.

AC

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, Scott. All that behind the wall tech inspection work. Could not do it without you.

Thanks !

It's nice to see the same guy there every year doing the inspections. Almost feel like you know my car before I pull up.

AC

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back home...nothing like driving the car hard all day on the track followed by a 3 hour ride home...practicing everything I learned. :D Thanks to the NJ VCA for having me today, it was a BLAST. I had one heck of an instructor and special thanks go out to Nicholas (Red/Yellow) Porsche. I can still hear his voice echoing in my head "Push down on throttle NOW push!!! Push it!!!"

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bobby!!!

I had a blast and did not even get a ticket for doing over 150... again... and again...:nana: ....and again!!!:2tu:

:2tu: WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2tu:

I'm not sure about the mpg I got, but when I arrived my tank was full and after 4 sessions it was empty!!!

Where's the pictures, please????

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys great time. Nice meeting all of you. All i have to say is Pocono is awesome! Bobby i think I heard you say something about a Ferrari event at Pocono in September which we maybe able to attend. if so count me in.

Guys I have a bunch of pics and movies and will download them sometime in the next few days.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YET ANOTHER AMAZING TRACK DAY.

Thanks again to Bobby, Donna, Scotty, all the officers, Joe Moore and his safety crew and everyone else who put this show on. Every year it just gets better and better, you just can't appreciate what these cars are built to do if you've never been to a track, and you can't appreciate yourself and your friends as drivers until you gone to the track. thanks again everyone for giving us the chance to do so!

see you on the track next year guys, oh and anyone know where I can get a good deal on nomex? :drive:

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
This NJ Viper Club, which to me should more appropriately called a family, is just amazing. :2tu: The care, concern and going the extra mile for each other is beyond compare.
One minute I am stranded at Pocono :omg: and the next I have a trailer and a ride. Bobby C. (NJ club president), and Scott S. (Warnock Viper Tech), thank you so much!!! There are not too many places where a guys hand over their trailer and the keys to their Viper. Scott thanks for taking care of my baby, and getting it to Warnock.:hail:

This event was such a great time. It ran flawlessly. The feedback from everyone I talked with, and I had more time to do that than usual, was great. From registration to tech, instructors to corner workers, everyone gave it 100% and it really showed.
The list is long but big thanks go out to::2tu: :headbang:
Donna our club administrator
Bobby C. our club president and event coordinator
Scotty S. our Viper Tech
Joe Moore for his track crew
PDA for instructors
Mazza Bros. Racing for the use of some tools
MJH Racing for all the advice
Everyone for being safe:drive:
and all the club members who came out to support us.:rock:

I have a bunch of pictures that I can hopefully get up tonight

Proud member of the NJ Viper Club and leadership committee :D