rides...

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, so i dont have a viper, probably never will afford a viper with the career path i have chosen, but is there any place people can go to drive one, or ride in one?

V

Venomiss

Look at a guy on the boards called Need1 I think-runs a company in Texas that rents exotic cars. Might want to google exotic car rental and see what you come up with in your area.
Good Luck! Don't write off a Viper...always have a goal!:)

OP
OP
U

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a goal...2001 bumble bee... heffner twin turbo....heh ill look into that exotic car rental thing

OP
OP
U

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well thanks for the offers guy and if im ever around ill look you up but, im in seattle for now, will be in oklahoma over next few months..(college! :p)

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time I drove a Viper was a rental in Vegas. I can't remember actually what I paid but at the time it was a bargain and I had a wild yellow 1995 and drove it through Red Rock Canyon. Priceless experience that cemented my goal to buy one a few years later. Don't underestimate yourself and what you can get if you are willing to make short term sacrifices for long term gains.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck, I'm in Oklahoma (former OU grad) It ain't no TT car, but you can ride in my GTS...

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never say never! I'm in the military with a wife, 2 kids and one income. I had a bunch of stuff I don't use anymore that I sold on ebay so I could put down a nice deposit. I got rid of all my bills and stopped going out to eat. I don't smoke, drink or have any useless habbits that consume my paycheck, and I don't live beyond my means. Anything is possible if you plan, save and budget properly.

pigcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked in renting one as well in vegas and here where I live in NYC but turns out every place I called only rented the newer Gen Vipers and I want to ride\drive a Gen II GTS. :(

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you live? If you can make it down to DFW I would give you a ride - Take you around for a spin in a Ferrari or Lambo if you're up for that to :2tu:

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK vipers are going to Hallet raceway near Jennings OK.on 7/21. Not sure of the time. Might catch a ride there. Bring a helmet.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like several others have already mentioned, if you're ever in Vegas there are several places to rent one. We've rented from Rent-a-Vette a few times. Price was $500/day or $2,500/wk.

A year after my first Viper rental there we bought one based on that experience. Sometimes I open the door to the garage just to look at it because I can hardly believe it's really there.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When you get to Oklahoma I'll give you a ride or better yet let you drive it! Just pm me when you get here? What college are you going to attend. I'm just minutes from OU.

Sterling

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, so i dont have a viper, probably never will afford a viper with the career path i have chosen, but is there any place people can go to drive one, or ride in one?

So what career path are you in? The reason I ask is I see your user name is USAF. Are you in military? You know it's all about priorities and how you manage your money. I am in the AF and I am able to have my GTS with all kinds of mods. If it's your dream then you can make it happen. It just takes time.

OP
OP
U

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to answer all the questions asked, im going to rose state college with a 2 year transfer to OU to get my associates in police science and my bachelors in criminal justice, im gonna be a police officer, i wont be in oklahoma for a few months because i have to save up to make it to college and buy a vehicle, when i joined this site a couple years ago (2005 or something like that?) i was dead set on the air force so thats where the names from, just changed my goals a little bit, just started posting on the site but come here religiously every day to read about these cars, and thanks everyone for all your offers its very generous, ill be sure to take you up on them if im ever in the right area

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm near Seattle and would be happy to give you a ride. If you want to drive one I believe Park Place Ltd in Redmond/Bellevue has one that they rent out. I know they use to have a red SRT/10 that they rented but I don't know the cost. They have a website where you can get their phone number.

Bob K

PS: We have a club BBQ coming up on the 28th which could see as many as 15 Vipers show up. My wife can't go so I would be happy to take you along if you are interested.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We worked long and hard for many, many years, working upwards to finally get our dream car---THE BEAST!!!!! Took a long time, for others, it doesn't take that long...for us it did, so we are truly grateful to be able to own such a work of art. Patience and persistence is key. (oh okay, and money,money,money!!!!!!!) Good Luck in all of your goals...sounds like you got a good life plan started. ~juli

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time I drove a Viper was a rental in Vegas. I can't remember actually what I paid but at the time it was a bargain and I had a wild yellow 1995 and drove it through Red Rock Canyon. Priceless experience that cemented my goal to buy one a few years later. Don't underestimate yourself and what you can get if you are willing to make short term sacrifices for long term gains.

Almost the same story here. Went on a cruise in Hawaii to get married in Maui. We were going to walk but I spotted a place that rented Harleys. When I went inside I noticed they had a bunch of exotics out back, Porche, Ferrari, Lambo. I asked the guy which was the best one to rent and he told me the Viper. $600 for the day and it sealed the deal. I told my wife that day I would own one someday. Four years later it's in the garage.

Don't think because of your career choice you can't own one. I'm a cop with a wife and two kids. Good financial management and a little overtime put a Viper and a Hummer in the garage along with a few other toys.

Consider this too, get a job now as a police officer and let them pay for your education. Most agencies have tuition reimbersment and pay your way.

OP
OP
U

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well thanks for the offer Bob K, i wont be able to make it to that

banal

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This thread has reaffirmed my belief that there really are nice people out there. Just a bonus that so many own snakes.