New hood now shipping

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive design. Dodge should take notice of what you have done here. Can the front nose be used with an 06 without ordering the fenders also?

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive design. Dodge should take notice of what you have done here. Can the front nose be used with an 06 without ordering the fenders also?

The kit is 2" wider overall so the whole car needs to be changed. The hardtop and hood are the only interchangable parts with the standard car.

Jeff

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As always, Austin--EXTREMELY GREAT work!!!! We all love to see your work on these forums, as I always say--YOU'VE GOT THE GIFT!!!! ~juli~

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

First off let me say that you have produces a beautiful product with both your hood and roof. I have a question regarding the underneath of the hood. I noticed that you do not use a insulating pad like DC does with the OEM hood. Can one assume that we can eliminate the factory pad on the OEM factory hoods as well without burning the paint?

Thanks,

Robbie

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robbie,

That's a good question and I can only aswer it with the experience thus far. I have been running a OEM 06 hood for 4 months without the insulation pad (2 months of 90+ degree summer heat) and have had no issues with the hood or paint. The hood seen here has been thru the same temps but for only a couple of weeks with no heat or paint issues.

I feel confident there won't be a paint issue. My convidence comes from the fact that the hood never really feels hot. At least not hotter than what the sun does to it.

If it ever came down to needing one, I'm sure we could come up with something.

Jeff

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That IS a beautiful hood, Jeff!!! Awesome paint on that car too, such a vibrant RED!!!
Great job, as we've heard only the best comes from you! ~juli

Juli,

Where do I start sending the check for all of the nice comments?

Thanks.

Jeff

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff did you mean you ran the OEM hood without the pad for 4months?

Robbie,

That's a good question and I can only aswer it with the experience thus far. I have been running a OEM 06 hood for 4 months with the insulation pad (2 months of 90+ degree summer heat) and have had no issues with the hood or paint. The hood seen here has been thru the same temps but for only a couple of weeks with no heat or paint issues.

I feel confident there won't be a paint issue. My convidence comes from the fact that the hood never really feels hot. At least not hotter than what the sun does to it.

If it ever came down to needing one, I'm sure we could come up with something.

Jeff

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, I've liked your Street Serpent body conversion ever since I first saw it
And this new hood is a perfect compliment for the car's aggressive design.:2tu:

I've always preferred the Gen I/II styling over the SRT10, but your body kit is the biggest incentive to change.
It's seriously mean looking without being gaudy or rediculous as many body kits are.

Austin, it would be great to see Jeff's Viper in deep blue! :D

crow_48032

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that is probably the most beautiful car I've ever seen in my entire life. Unfreakin- believable!

I think this is probably the closest anyone can ever come to owning a batmobile! (That is if it was black anyways!) haha :2tu:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I shouldnt riddle your thread with PS's, Jeff. Sorry. I just thought that one looked cool. I did try the black, but it hasnt come out the way I want it to look. I will try again. The blue DID come out and I'll post the regular version of it for Snakester.

You must be registered for see images

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli,
Where do I start sending the check for all of the nice comments?
Thanks.
Jeff

You must be registered for see images

Well, you deserve them!!! Austin--great job on the dark blue Viper!!
Jeff-seriously, we love seeing quality products, and hearing from others about YOUR products, we are blessed to have you onboard!~! :2tu: ~juli

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff I'm gonna say it again, that looks KILLER! Can't wait for when you have the time to reproduce the kit in 1:18 :)
I've also been dreaming of something cool for quite a while... what about the challenge to create a sportsbar ensemble that resembles the gen 1&2 RT/10's? I would REALLY like to see the result of that :eater: :drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave