New owner...a few questions...

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
picked up an 06 coupe, blue w/silver stripes....
few questions...
im going to 3m the front and i would like to do the rockers. will the heat off the rockers melt the 3m?
how much of the rockers shall i 3m?

i know this has been covered a lot, but ill ask anyway...
what are some of the best bolt on mods for performance?

thanks

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your Viper purchase!!! Welcome aboard!!! I'm sure others will chime in with the best bolt-ons and the 3M (we haven't used it)...and we don't have bolt-ons...we have welded work....just wanted to welcome you to the Club! ENJOY~~~~juli

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had similar questions as you, I was dumb founded at first, and am still to some degree over what to do with my car. I decided on Belanger Hears, R / T high flow Cats, Corsa Track Exhaust, and was debating a VEC 3. Up until that point I was unsure about the VEC 3. I was also toying with a Paxton install. Shawn Roe told me unless I do a Paxton that since all my mods were not going into the engine (bolt ons) forget the VEC and get a flashed PCM. Many have questioned my VEC 3 since I now have decided for the Paxton also to too boot since it has its own tuning system. I am staying with the VEC despite the paxton since I think I can get a few more pony's from the VEC 3 on the dyna tune when complete. I also decided today to add KW Coilover's to the install project which will lower my car an inch or inch and a half or so. Good luck, hoped this helped.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The 3M clear bra material works fine on the rockers.

I'd go about 12 inches behind each wheel, front and rear.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had some slight hazing and cracking on my clearbra for my 2006 on the sills but no melting at all.

/Rich

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Blue/silver coupe. 3m is on the rockers-no problems even though,especially after Viper sets for a few minutes ,they get real hot.

The Motons were one of my best mods-then went to cat back exhaust & 3.55 gears. For a big increase in hp I went with the DLM SC- what a difference.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search for "Clear Mask". They already make a kit for the Vipers and include the entire side sills. I have had mine done (great investment) and have not had any problems with it so far. Saved me a lot of rock chips....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss