How do I go About Finidng the Previous Owner?

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do I go About Finding the Previous Owner?

I know its a little late now, having owned this car for a year and a half. But I've noticed on the Carfax I ran on my car that there was about a 2 1/2 year period where the car wasn't driven, or at least wasn't inspected, and I'm curious to why. I bought the car from a dealer who apparently obtained the car through an auction. Before the dealer, the car only had one owner and it was titled with this one owner during the 2 1/2 year lag in inspections. The previoue owner must have been in Texas as that's where the car was originally titled. Is there any way to find out who the owner was so I can contact him about the car's history? The Carfax was clean but still a little curious. BTW, the car only had 9,800 miles on it when I bought it from the dealer a year and a half ago. She's got 15,000 on 'er now!

Last edited:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How do I go About Finding the Previous Owner?

I would get the car checked out by someone who knows something,I don't know where in Mo. you are but in St.Louis see Joe Donovan and in KC theres a guy in the club who is very good with vipers.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How do I go About Finding the Previous Owner?

2 1/2 year period where the car wasn't driven, or at least wasn't inspected, and I'm curious to why.

The previous owner of my car had it for 6 years and only drove it 111 miles. He just wanted to own one. he was a elderly man.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The previous owner might be on the title that was surrendered when the car was sold to the dealer. Mine was. Now the dealer may not have given you the old title, but instead tranferred it to you, sent it off for you, and you only got a clean title. I got the dirty old one, and before sending it to the TX DOT, I made some copies. Check your paperwork if you haven't already.