Dream finally came true. I own a Viper

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys my dreams have finally came true. Every since the first year they rolled out in 1992 back when I was in high school, to own one has been my dream. I even saw one of the three that was in Colorado that drove down my street, I nearly passed out. John Elway owned one of the other ones. Well After over a year of researching I finally came across the Viper that fits what I want exactly. A immaculate Black 2004 SRT10 completely stock with only 2800 pampered miles on it. I got an awesome deal on this and could not pass it up. This is my first post here even though I have been a member as I wanted to wait till this day before posting my first post. Anyway right now I have just 4 days left here in Baghdad and will have a beautiful car as a present to me waiting when I get there in Colorado. So what do I need to do to have my name reflect that I am a Viper Owner? I know this is only the beginning and am proud to be part of the best Car Club in the World. Anyway here is a couple pictures of the car to give you an idea the beauty of it.

Attachments

• 6488_4.JPG
    6488_4.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 6492_4.JPG
    6492_4.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 6498_4.JPG
    6498_4.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 6499_4.JPG
    6499_4.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 84

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burnhamb,

Congratulations on your purchase, it shows intelligence, exquisite taste, maturity, youthfulness, that you're a car lover, and that you recognize greatness, etc. etc. etc.

To change your title from "Enthusiast" to VCA Member, you need to join the VCA. And I'd recommend calling headquarters:

"
For information about your local Viper Club of America Regional Chapter (or to get information about regional events) just click on the state, region, or country below, then contact the person listed. This Regional contact will help you through the membership process and assist you in getting signed you up for both the regional and national clubs. A downloadable form (in MS Word format) is located at: VCA Membership Application. You can also call VCA Headquarters at 800/998-1110 to have a membership form mailed or faxed to you. If you do not own a Viper, some regions offer "associate memberships" as well. Last but not least, if you are only interested in getting VIPER Magazine, go to the VIPER Magazine subscription area located at: www.viperclub.org/vipermag/ " Regards,Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
burnhamb~~WELCOME and congrats for a PERFECT PURCHASE!!!! BLACK is the best~don't let these other guys fool you and scientifically tell you that RED is fastest!! LOL---welcome on board with a beautiful beast--ENJOY! ~juli~

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burnhamb,

Black is a great color, however despite recent mis-information Air Force jets are painted grey because it's the FASTEST color (even faster on Vipers) and not because grey is the cheapest paint to buy as some other members have stated. Juli, I completely agree that RED is simply not the fastest color and that the RED lobby is just a well-funded propganda machine. (hehehe)

Regards,
Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO Aaron!!! hmmmmm....grey, huh???? I believe that would be because BLACK aircraft would scare the crap outta everyone!~! heeeeeheeeeeeeeee! ~juli

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli, you are very right, I guess that's why those stealth (F-117a) bombers are a flat black (which I think is a mix of grey and black) so it's got the ulitimate speed of Grey and nearly as fast speed of Black, plus the scare factor of Black. Very good point I hadn't thought of. (hehehe)

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually love ALL Vipers. AFL, your color is awesome and goes perfect with the GTS. I was first looking into the Bumble Bee GTS, loved the color combo on that, and at one time came REALLY close to getting the same year and model as yours AFL. Than I guess after searching for a while longer, I just fell in love with the Black Convertible. Being able to pop the top is an option that grew on me. Thanks for the warm welcome Ladies and Gents. Now im sure before I know it, the mods are going to come. I dont think I will go crazy. Maybe just n2o or something. I want to enjoy it for what it is first though.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do have a question though as I have searched here and haven't found much info regarding the best iPod hookup kit out there for our Vipers. I want to keep everything stock and dont want to have to destroy anything hooking something up. How hard is it to pull the stereo and hookup something? Should I take it to a dealership to do this? I dont want just an FM Tuner as they dont sound as good as something hooked via RCA connectors.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell you the truth, I'd never install an Ipod...you're gonna listen to music over the exhaust?!!! (LOL~) Aaron--yep, that BLACK STEALTH is a stunner, isn't it??? You are so agreeable!!! ~juli

Carmaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome & be careful when you first take it out. Can easliy get away from you. No WOT when turning.

Enjoy!!!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burnhamb,

I too LOVE black cars and was actually looking for a Black ACR, but found this one and couldn't turn it down. Your car looks amazing and I know you'll love driving it every chance you get (I've actually contemplated getting a 2003 - 2004 SRT Vert in Black on Black and going all out with a Heffner kit as my next car......so we'll see what happens).

I'll defer to someone with more iPod experience to answer your other question.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I will be taking it easy on the car for sure for a while. I just cant believe I got such a low mile Viper, just 2800 miles on it.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burnhamb,
I too LOVE black cars and was actually looking for a Black ACR, but found this one and couldn't turn it down. Your car looks amazing and I know you'll love driving it every chance you get (I've actually contemplated getting a 2003 - 2004 SRT Vert in Black on Black and going all out with a Heffner kit as my next car......so we'll see what happens).
I'll defer to someone with more iPod experience to answer your other question.
Regards,
Aaron

:headbang: Yayyyyyy, Aaron!!!! That's what we have , the '05 Vert (black on black)...no Heffner twin turbo tho!! Let us know if that happens....would be very cool to see THAT!
~juli

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually in Denver near the DTC Area. Not there now though, stuck in the desert for the time being. I have some friends in the springs area though. For sure good to see another Viper owner in Colorado.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new viper owner as well. As for the ipod question.... I think I would go with an FM transmitter for my ipod, that way you don't have to change anything about the car. It works through the regular FM radio.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new viper owner as well. As for the ipod question.... I think I would go with an FM transmitter for my ipod, that way you don't have to change anything about the car. It works through the regular FM radio.

Welcome to you, slysnake...what Viper do you have? Pics--we'd love to see them! Where are you located? Welcome aboard and hope you are joining the VCA~~~! :2tu: ~juli

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aloha juli. I see your quite active on the board. This is a wonderful resource.

I have an '05 Copperhead. 279/300. I live in the Midwest, closest large city is Chicago. Always dreamed of a Viper but never thought I could afford one. But after saving my money for a long time and finding a really good deal, my dream became a reality.

Here's me with the car.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too late, already got the iPod integration installed along with a Pioneer NAV System. iPod hookup is in the center Console, works really well and sounds much better than a FM Transmitter. Welcome to being a viper owner, very nice Copperhead there. Trust me before you know it, the mods will come.

V

Venomiss

I have an '05 Copperhead. 279/300. I live in the Midwest, closest large city is Chicago. Always dreamed of a Viper but never thought I could afford one. But after saving my money for a long time and finding a really good deal, my dream became a reality.

Here's me with the car.

Have you seen this website? It might be helpful for you and welcome!

Home Page - Viper Club of America - Illinois Region

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's me with the car.

VERY nice!! Yes, this forum is a wonderful resource...and 'active' is a good way to put how I am here~~~LOL! WELCOME aboard...you've got a beauty there...same here, a Viper was always our 'dream' car, took a long time, but finally got the BEAST~~GOOD for you~~glad your dream came true also!! ~juli
(BTW: I've moved your pic over to the 'Beefcake & Viper' thread~~:2tu: )

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how did you put a 200 shot of nos w/stock pistons. lots of luck, i have propane/nos.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how did you put a 200 shot of nos w/stock pistons. lots of luck, i have propane/nos.
There are a few that are running a 200 shot on stock pistons with no problems. 200 is the max you should go and it needs to be a good dead on tune. Should for sure dyno it before driving it to make sure your A/F is dead on. When I get back, with the other mods that will be getting done, the hp and tq levels will be higher so I will be bringing the shot down most likely to 150 just to be safe. Have any pics of your propane/nos setup? What kit are you using? Post them here if you do along with some info. http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/607887-post-your-nitrous-setups-pics.html

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS! Beautiful car. That's my first Viper exactly and I love driving it. Just be VERY careful till you learn how to handle the power. The stock tires absolutely **** on wet pavement and you'll spin end for end in a heartbeat. Find your nearest local road course racetrack and sign up for high speed driving lessons. You'll be amazed at how much you learn in one day, both about your car and about how little you know about performance driving.

Additional warnings: Be on the look out for admirers as you're driving along. I have been run off the road 3 times by gawkers who wanted to tell me how much they liked my car. Many rice-burner types will want to drag race you from every stop light. People will pass you and cut in front, I assume so that they can find some weird satsifaction in beating a Viper that was observing the speed limit. And be prepared to take a little extra time with every visit to the bank, gas station, or even your fave fast food joint, because more often than not, strangers are going to walk up to meet car and driver.

And THANK YOU for your service.