Wont Start... Help!

Denney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
driving down the road i shifted from second to third, all of a sudden the car just died. i tried to restart it but had no luck. after looking at it more closely i noticed that there was no power going to the injectors or the spark plugs. the fuel pump does kick on when the key is turned on. all the fuses on the inside check out so im thinking it is the crank sensor. the only question i have is somebody told me that there were fuses near the fire wall on the drivers side for the motor. are they actually there? also is there a way for me to see if the crank and cam sensor are bad without using a computer. any help is greatly appreciated

OP
OP
D

Denney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im in new port richey florida which is about 30 miles north of tampa. it is a 96 rt/10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it crank? When you turn the key to the on position, can you hear the fuel pump prime? What color is your car? Post up a picture!

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I am ever completely stumped or in a pinch I call Chuck Tator. I "think" he is in on Saturdays. In about 30 seconds he can probably tell you what is wrong.

Call the Wizard: 914-763-3136

*This really should be a 900 number :)

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
driving down the road i shifted from second to third, all of a sudden the car just died. i tried to restart it but had no luck. after looking at it more closely i noticed that there was no power going to the injectors or the spark plugs. the fuel pump does kick on when the key is turned on. all the fuses on the inside check out so im thinking it is the crank sensor. the only question i have is somebody told me that there were fuses near the fire wall on the drivers side for the motor. are they actually there? also is there a way for me to see if the crank and cam sensor are bad without using a computer. any help is greatly appreciated

I had the same problem with my 94 about a year ago. Driving down the road car "popped" and died, and would not start. Don't know about 96's as they are Gen 1.5's, but yes there is fuzeable links located in the wiring harness on the drivers side. I replaced the crank and cam sensors, no luck, checked the alarm system, no luck. I believe I checked everything, out of desperation I called Chuck Tator and asked if I could send him my Ignition Control Module (ICM) to try on his car. Sure enough he called me when he received it and put on the car same problems car would not start. Replaced the ICM car run's fine. If it is the ICM Dodge don't have any left for the Gen1's if that is what the car uses. Good luck I hope this helps. But as stated above give Chuck a call.

OP
OP
D

Denney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys! Chuck was immense help to me he was dead on with telling me it was an inline fuse and the relay. the same day i fixed the car i ended up trading it for a pantera and am now selling the pantera so i can get another viper. my viper had a salvage title due to a fire but was already fixed. i didnt like the fact that it had the salvage title so now im going to sell the pantera and get a non salvage viper. here is a pic of my old viper. i will add a picture of the pantera tommorow.

You must be registered for see images

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
everyone should have tators number handy at all times. i even got him on a sunday afternoon one time. thank god there wasnt a NASCAR race on...:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62