Starting Out Help

hahndo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a newbie to the forums and have been searching for information detailing the different specs and feature changes by year. No luck yet. I thought there might be a sticky thread with this info. I found a little under the IVR link but it was limited to years up to 2002.

I plan to buy a used SRT-10 but would like to see what changes year to year. I also like the looks of an 2002 RT 10.

Can anyone direct me to a location of this type of information.

Thanks.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We used to have a Viper Registry, but I cannot find it now, the site has recently been upgraded and it is possible it's not back up or I just can't locate it now.

Readers digest version: 2002 Viper RT/10 came in three colors (Red/Yellow/Graphite)

2003-2006 Viper: Pretty much the same, brake calipers were painted red after 03 model year, car got a few more standard options along the way, trunk mat and boot cover. SRT-10's started out Red/Silver/Black in color. They did introduce other colors down the road, White/Pearl Slate/Viper Blue and Yellow. They also made a commemorative edition, white w/blue sabre stripes.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are also quite a few books out there which can help educate you, try eBay or Amazon.com. Look under Viper. There is a pretty comprehensive book written by Maurice Liang.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are also quite a few books out there which can help educate you, try eBay or Amazon.com. Look under Viper. There is a pretty comprehensive book written by Maurice Liang.

We have several books we bought thru recommendations in the Viper Magazine...that you can also get thru Amazon...as viperjohn said, look under "viper"....tons of info out there for you that you are looking for...good luck!! Welcome to the forums!~! Hope you will be a Viper owner soon :drive: ~~~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh. I see. A secret tactic to make me go away for the day. Ya'll were planning to say things about me ALL DAY LONG weren't you? Huh? HA! I'll be pinging the refresh button so fast no one can post faster that I can reply!!!

Darn, you found us out...but just as I said to you, you can never ever ever ever get rid of me...same with you, huh?!! (ON TOPIC???? noooooo......DAVE!!!! :nono: )
Congrats to JonB for the parts appendix in the Liang book!!! ~juli~

OP
OP
H

hahndo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is an excellent document but lacks data after 2002. I continually search the web and this forums for the answer before I ask.

Does anyone know the production volume by color for the 2003, 4, 5 years. Maybe 06 so far.

Also a looking for a list of changes for these years. I got general information from Wikipedia. Still looking for greater detail.

Thanks for helping out a newbie.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahndo--sorry the 2 books I have also only go up to year 2002...hopefully someone will chime in who has those stats for you. ~juli