My Apologies

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently took a couple of cars to the Ford GT Rally in Newport Beach, CA and while I was having dinner at a local restaurant with a friend, someone decided to break into my truck and steal my laptop and my luggage filled with a lot of valuable things.

The worst part was losing my laptop because as you might imagine being the ultimate road warrior, my entire life is on that damned computer. I do back it up occasionally, but I lost all my contact information and worse, I lost all my recent emails from potential customers.

So, if you are wondering why I haven't contacted you about transporting your car, I apologize. If you still need my services you can email me at [email protected] or just call me at 240-994-1343.

Also, I just had a major coast-to-coast cancellation at the last minute. If you're looking to transport your car, feel free to give me a call, I have a few openings.

Thanks!

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Gary, that is horrible news!!!

Hopefully, this Board can help you restore much of your lost info ...

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Gary,

Sorry to hear that news....you may want to investigate:

http://www.lojackforlaptops.com

Usually, laptops that are stolen are either parted out, or if you get a non-professional crook, re-sold as is.....this is when the above software can be quite beneficial. I certainly don't condone breaking into anyone's home to get back your stolen laptop and say leaving a live skunk in the house/apartment and a nice note spray painted on the wall thanking them for not stealing laptops in the future.....but it can be VERY effective.

Regards,
Aaron

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have any information on there that might allow someone to "steal" anyone's identity? Any SSN's, dates of birth, etc? If so you might want to give them a warning and recommend they sign up for credit watch..... Just a thought

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate luck Gary.

Malcoll's advise is sound, just contact one of the major credit bureaus and have them put you under a 90 day Fraud alert. There is no charge, and all it will do is make it more difficult for identity theft to occur. Anytime you apply for credit, this alert comes up requiring them to check for additional information.

My wife lost her purse at the "W" a few months ago, and someone found it and began using her credit cards. It's probably been about 4 months and aside from one gasoline charge we've escaped idenitity theft. Perhaps the difficult last name help too.

OP
OP
G

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only information about my customers consist solely of email addresses and phone numbers. I don't take credit cards so there's no risk there. Almost everything I had was passworded anyway. The main issue was not getting back to people waiting for quotes.

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That just plan *****. Sorry for your loss! I hope in the end everything turns around for you. It always does for nice people, it just may take time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4