96 Viper GTS Venom 550 - making more mods

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the rims that will be installed. Forgeline SP3P wheels (gunmetal centers). Ya gotta love the height of the wheels stacked in my shop. They are HUGE!!! :D

You must be registered for see images

DSG2003SVT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent choice in wheels. You have fine taste in cars and a great appreciation for detail, sir. Can't wait to see when the car is finished.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! Just simply wow. You are my hero!:) It's going to be one baddd snake.

I gotta tell my wife that I am someone's hero! :D :rolaugh: And she'll say, "Give me a break!"

Happy to hear that you are enjoying the build. :2tu: Stay tuned for more good stuff.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Excellent choice in wheels. You have fine taste in cars and a great appreciation for detail, sir. Can't wait to see when the car is finished.

Thanks for the compliments. :2tu: I am really having a lot of fun posting pics for all to see. I enjoy the feedback!!

I fell in love with these rims when I saw them on the Forgeline website. The gunmetal color and split spokes makes it look MEAN :omg: IMO.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Front wheels.

Forgeline SP3P wheels (gunmetal centers)
19" x 10"

Pirelli PZERRO ROSSO
285/30 19

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rear wheels.

Forgeline SP3P wheels (gunmetal centers)
19" x 13"

Pirelli PZERRO ROSSO
355/25 19

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are crazy man. looks good but man are you going nuts with that car. What did you decide to do with the rims you bought the car with. hre?

I agree, this is one of the most fastidious restos I've seen on the board. Don't take it out when there's a non-zero chance of rain! Kep us posted on the progress - we're lovin' the pics.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree, this is one of the most fastidious restos I've seen on the board. Don't take it out when there's a non-zero chance of rain! Kep us posted on the progress - we're lovin' the pics.

Again, I appreciate the compliments. I really look forward to meeting a bunch of members at some events in the US. I'll trailer my Viper down there and then take it out for some fun. :drive:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I purchased the car, I noticed that the exhaust covers were dented right next to the jacking area.

The original jacking area on the car was a small steel bar that was bent into a loop shape and welded to the frame. It appeared that the underside of the steel bar was flush with the underside of the exhaust. Therefore when the car was jacked-up the jack pad would contact the exhaust cover and dent it. So I decided to fix this.

My solution was to fabricate aluminum mounting pads that were 1/2" thick and mount them to the frame. By using this thickness the underside of the jacking pad and the exhaust cover are no longer flush with each other. I can now safely jack the car up without touching the exhaust cover.

Before I installed the new aluminum jacking plates to the frame, I removed the original bar loops. I then drilled holes in the frame and installed riv nuts so I could attach them with a machine screw.

Below are pics of the aluminum plates. The rear jacking pad is larger than the front jacking pad. I used stainless steel bolts with allen wrench heads. I counter sunk the mounting holes so the bolts would be flush.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I suggested in previous posts that I was thinking of installing a different cam and new VEC 3 unit to tweak horsepower. I never even thought about the cylinder heads. :dunno:

But then I received an excellent suggestion from DrumrBoy about making power. :idea: :D DrumrBoy mentioned that the biggest contributing factor to make power is making sure that the heads move large volumes of air. He suggested that I have the Hennessey heads checked for flow. This absolutely makes sense since I already have the intake and exhaust removed. :2tu:

I spoke to Greg Good on Friday about my cylinder heads. Greg is an awesome guy to speak with!! And his work is highly regarded by VCA members. So, I got out my wrenches and ripped the heads off. They will be shipped to him this week. :headbang:

Stay tuned for the flow numbers. :eater:

Below are pics of the Hennessey heads with T&D roller rockers.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man your project is amazing. You have done alot of good work so far, keep it up. I'll be following this post to see how it goes! Your Viper is badass, i really like the new wheels also! That Diamondback hood is going to look sweet! Mine is getting painted this week!!!

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man your project is amazing. You have done alot of good work so far, keep it up. I'll be following this post to see how it goes! Your Viper is badass, i really like the new wheels also! That Diamondback hood is going to look sweet! Mine is getting painted this week!!!

I really get motivation from these type of emails :D Thanks for the comments :2tu: Roger is building my Diamondback hood right now. It will probably take a quarter of a century for shipping to me in Canada:lmao: But as soon as it arrives I will post pics.

Cheers
Jason

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, I appreciate the compliments. I really look forward to meeting a bunch of members at some events in the US. I'll trailer my Viper down there and then take it out for some fun. :drive:

I hope that we can interest you in attending some events here in the W.Canada region, too! :D
I can't wait to see this in person. I've got a lot of ideas kicking around in my head for this coming winter thanks to this post.
Keep up the good work!:2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you have any pics with the New wheels on yet ? Your doing a great job keep the pics comming.:2tu:

Hey SilverSnake, I'll slap the puppies on and take a couple of pics for ya. :eater: The car is still up on jack stands and therefore will not be the "true" look...but it should give you an idea.

Stay tuned :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hope that we can interest you in attending some events here in the W.Canada region, too! :D
I can't wait to see this in person. I've got a lot of ideas kicking around in my head for this coming winter thanks to this post.
Keep up the good work!:2tu:

I definitely want to attend some W. Canada events...hopefully next year. But at the rate I am going I may not have it ready for next spring :omg: :omg: I think that I have just decided to remove the cam and having one @#$%$ of a time removing the dampner bolt. I thought since I am this far I might as well keep going....Yes, No :dunno:

I'm addicted!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really get motivation from these type of emails :D Thanks for the comments :2tu: Roger is building my Diamondback hood right now. It will probably take a quarter of a century for shipping to me in Canada:lmao: But as soon as it arrives I will post pics.

Cheers
Jason

I think I'm gonna go and see Roger, just to be sure it looks as good as rest of the car!!!!:2tu:

Awesome project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go and see Roger, just to be sure it looks as goos as rest of the car!!!!:2tu:

Awesome project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

All I can say is thank you very much for informing me of the Diamondback hood! :beer: It is going to look Kick @#$ on my car. :nana:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to SilverSnake I decided to take some pics of the wheels mounted on the car. Thanks for giving me one of these :poke: I'm still a long ways away from putting it on the ground but I just had to see what it looked like. WOW!! I LOVE IT!!!! :headbang:

DSG2003SVT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mmm hmm, that thing is gonna look naaasty after you put it on the ground. Again, great wheel choice!

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
mmm hmm, that thing is gonna look naaasty after you put it on the ground. Again, great wheel choice!

I am so jacked to see the wheels and tires on the car. Kinda makes me wanna live with the car :D or maybe sleep in the shop :rolaugh:

Help :eek: I'm addicted to this car :headbang:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed a drain plug in the bottom of the differential. This will make it soooo much easier to maintenance. Much thanks to the VCA Technical 'How To' thread. :2tu:

DSG2003SVT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I've always said just give me a huge garage with a cot, corner shower, refrigerator, and toilet...and I think that I'll be just fine. :D

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW!!, that will be one "bad" Viper when you are done, can't wait to see it at some local events, love the attention to detail. Thanks for posting all the great pic's and info, will bookmark this link for future reference. :2tu: