Cost of AC?

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone here put AC in an ACR? Looking at a '99 ACR, but it doesn't have AC and in SoCal, I pretty much need it ;)

Thx

Zach

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am no expert but I think it would be a pretty big job to add it after the fact. Might be better off finding a car with it. JMHO

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agreed, and I'm actually in the market right now for a reasonable mileage 96-99 GTS, dark colors only (no red)....

I want a good platform for a TT package, and the early year GTS's seem to be the best options, especially the 99's...

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx for the feedback!

This is a big help as I'm looking now.

I put A/C on my factory no A/C 94 RT/10. Everything is bolt on and plug and play. I did the install myself in less than 1 day, if you are mechanically inclined you can do it. I bought everything for the conversion from Paul Scharf (800-338-4002) for around $1200? I believe. I don’t think the labor would cost to much to have it professionally installed if you can't do it yourself. At least call Paul and get a price for the conversion.

Patrick

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
agreed, and I'm actually in the market right now for a reasonable mileage 96-99 GTS, dark colors only (no red)....

I want a good platform for a TT package, and the early year GTS's seem to be the best options, especially the 99's...

i also live in socal and wanted to know if TT systems are legal here?

V

Venomiss

Has anyone here put AC in an ACR? Looking at a '99 ACR, but it doesn't have AC and in SoCal, I pretty much need it ;)

Thx

Zach

Ever tried to contact the SoCal Viper Club?

http://www.socalviper.com/

I know in our club we do quite a bit of selling/buying within the club.
With this you get the perk of knowing the background on the car and previous owner.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put A/C on my factory no A/C 94 RT/10. Everything is bolt on and plug and play. I did the install myself in less than 1 day, if you are mechanically inclined you can do it. I bought everything for the conversion from Paul Scharf (800-338-4002) for around $1200? I believe. I don’t think the labor would cost to much to have it professionally installed if you can't do it yourself. At least call Paul and get a price for the conversion.

Patrick

Darn Pattymelt...... I need to get you to turn wrenches on my car. I'm working on the A/c now in my car and it was factory installed. It's a real PITA to work on. You installed a factory A/C system on your 94 in"less than one day" that's amazing.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn Pattymelt...... I need to get you to turn wrenches on my car. I'm working on the A/c now in my car and it was factory installed. It's a real PITA to work on. You installed a factory A/C system on your 94 in"less than one day" that's amazing.

Probably harder to work on one that's on, than put one on that's off.

Just my Confucius contribution to planet Earth for this day.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I am over reacting here, but in actuality, you have a very rare car. Very very rare. One with no AC might be worth something. Just a thought.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I am over reacting here, but in actuality, you have a very rare car. Very very rare. One with no AC might be worth something. Just a thought.

I agree, I wanted a non comfort group car, but didn't find one. As far as resale they may be worth something some day, but most guys can't deal with the heat.

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its not that bad. The part that took the longest was mounting the condenser and routing the lines.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, I wanted a non comfort group car, but didn't find one. As far as resale they may be worth something some day, but most guys can't deal with the heat.

The heat in the winter is okay but in the Summer it can be brutal. I rarely drive my car in the 90+ degree weather because it just is not worth it. If there was no AC, I think I would melt.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very RARE ACR indeed.........as in 1 of 9 MFG in 1999!

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burt, your car is AMAZING, but I'm a bit of a pus in the summer. My AC stopped working in my '00 GTS during the summer and I wasn't too happy.....

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The heat in the winter is okay but in the Summer it can be brutal. I rarely drive my car in the 90+ degree weather because it just is not worth it. If there was no AC, I think I would melt.

Makes me feel a little better here in Texas. Yeah, 90 deg days are considered cool in the summer but yeah, I'm with you. Drive the Super Duty on those days when it is 90+. Big truck, bigger AC. Leave the toaster oven in the garage.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck Tator has put many in, and while they may have been Gen1's, I'm sure his comments on time and labor will be accurate.

Dial 1-800-Wizard

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes me feel a little better here in Texas. Yeah, 90 deg days are considered cool in the summer but yeah, I'm with you. Drive the Super Duty on those days when it is 90+. Big truck, bigger AC. Leave the toaster oven in the garage.

Agreed. I purchased my car in Texas and also have family there. I know how the summers can be. I love the state though. So much to do!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950