NJ/NY Wine Tasting Cruise Nov3-4!!

BriansViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all:

Has anyone heard the weather forecast for tomorrow??? I am hearing rain in the am....

Brian & Penny.....

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
North Jersey (Morris County): Warnock Dodge, Rt 10 East, East Hanover,
NJ - leaving parking lot 9:30 AM

(Bergen/Hudson County): Quiznos, 10 Meadowlands Pkwy, Secaucus, NJ 07094 -
leaving parking lot 9:30 AM

are these 2 different meeting spots or are they the same? if i meet at quizos then what???

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D.

Yes, they are two different meeting locations, but when we meet at Quiznos we DON'T have to go to Warnock Dodge. It is my understanding that we go straight to south Jersey.

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea where I'm going and I hope Jerz Viper does! Worst case scenerio we'll have to GPS it.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
It is a really easy place to get to. Do not sweat it. Here is the deal. If you are coming from up north just remember New Jersey Turnpike to Exit 7A. It is the Great Adventure exit.

After you get off on 7A, you can only go one of two directions.......195West to Trenton and 195 East to the Shore and Great Adventure.

Head 195 East toward Great Adventure.

You head only about a mile on 195 East and look for an Exit that says

ALLENTOWN/ROBBINSVILLE.

Take that Exit and head toward Allentown. Take that road until you hit a stop sign (about 1.5 miles). You can only go right or left.

Take a right, go through the town (.2 miles)....you will see a lake on the left side.

After the lake, make an immediate left turn.....Continue on that road until you run into the winery (about 3 miles).

So, Brief recap......

Turnpike 7A
Head towards Great Adventure 195 East
Exit at Allentown (1 mile on 195 East)
Continue off exit and head towards Allentown (watch out for police).
Take a right in the middle of town.
Lake
Left turn.
Keep going.

If you want, I can even ****** you guys to the winery off of 195 East. Let me know.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do the NY boys gets scared of getting lost in NJ? :dunno:Isn't it supposed to be the other way? :lmao:

See you at Quizno's. :drive:

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! What a turn out for a rainy day!

We had close to 30 Vipers on a cloudy rainy day, who would of figured that........not me

Bravo to Tom Roeller, you did a great job Tommy, and we all appreciate your efforts!

Charlie T planned an awesome route with two covered* bridges after lunch. Thank you Charlie!

*(For those of you from NY that don't know what a covered bridge is please see "D")

It was great to meet so many old friends, but also great to see so many new faces!

Adrian and D, thanks for coming across the river to spend the day with us and keeping the pace:2tu:

And a special thanks to our guest speaker, the one the only, a charter member of Fitzwell racing! National VCA President, Bob Carroll:2tu: Thanks Buddy!

OK, Lets start seeing some photos now:eater:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NJ VCA outdid itself today. Great showing. Winery was great. The customized Viper wines made a great year-end gift. I'm keeping them under the Holiday tree (politically correct?). It was nice meeting everybody.

Pictures? And my next scheduled cleanup is in 2010. :2tu:

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome time! wow almost 10 hours in my viper. BIG thanks to bobby, tommy for putinh this together and charlie the awesome tour. you guys really showed us that the 55mph speeds were just a myth. from secaucus to the winery by speedo read 60 miles and we did that in 30 mins! wow. that breaks down of speeds of 120mph+ on the turnpike. great to see all familiar faces and some new ones. overall great event. lets do it again soon.

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: All Statements/comments Posted By "D" In The Previous Post Begin And End With "ALLEGEDLY". Thank You Kindly For Your Support :drive: :2tu: . Now we return you to our regularly scheduled programming/comments. HAD AN INCREDIBLE TIME, I'M STILL FEELING THE RUSH!!!!!!!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW big thanks to avi for actually washing his car for the first time in 3 years . its amazing what some water and soap could do. that car just sparkled.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome time! wow almost 10 hours in my viper. BIG thanks to bobby, tommy for putinh this together and charlie the awesome tour. you guys really showed us that the 55mph speeds were just a myth. from secaucus to the winery by speedo read 60 miles and we did that in 30 mins! wow. that breaks down of speeds of 120mph+ on the turnpike. great to see all familiar faces and some new ones. overall great event. lets do it again soon.

Sounds amazing. Sorry that I could not make it but had a run of my own going on. Had VERY similar stories. I think by the end NJ & NY were on alert for the guys. Someone post some pics.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tom & Bob,

That was a very fun event! Thank-you so much for setting up all aspects including the winery tour (great family run operation), the trip to Lambertville station and the fun drive in between!

Sorry Charlie T. that we couldn't join in the after tour, Nancy had a few stores she really wanted to visit and I'd never been to Lambertville or New Hope before. I absolutely enjoyed the meal and seeing everyone again.

My buddy Cole took a few photos, so you can see them here:

Picasa Web Albums - Cole - Viper Club Of...

Regards,
Aaron

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who ever started the rumor about NJ only getting up to 55mph is full of $-i- today they ROCKED and what a AWESOME EVENT we must make this a annual event or something very close to it. Bobby,Tom,Charlie, and The NJ Club you guys OUT DID youself today and even thou D and I are from The NY Club we would like to THANK YOU and YOUR CLUB for the two bottles of wine you guys are really FIRST CLASS and do this mean we get a "CHRISTMAS" GIFT also from the club. Bob Carroll it was great seeing you today and THANKS for putting some light on alot of issues. I can go on about today but pure and simple YOU HAD TO BE THERE...Adrian

P.S. On behalf of the NY/CT Club THANK YOU for the invite

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for showing up. The day could have been a wash out but everyone showed up and it turned out to be a great day. It's always great hangin with your friends, drinking some wine and driving cars, almost in that order too. Sorry for waiting soo long to post, just finishing up the first bottle of wine and had to upload some photos for you guys. For everyone who attended, enjoy the wine. Here are some pics to go along with them.

IMG_10631.JPG

This was the gift we gave to everyone who attended, enjoy!!

IMG_1011.JPG

A little wine tasting

IMG_1019.JPG

Charlie T on the right.

IMG_1012.JPG

Our National President, Yes he really is that big!

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

Chris and our long lost friend Larry!

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

I thought he was doing the fangs greeting here!

IMG_1022.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

The NY Boyz

IMG_1052.JPG

Me

IMG_1055.JPG

I don't know what D was lighting up here, but he wasn't sharing!

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_10501.JPG

Adrian had enough by this time, he wants to get home and wash his car!

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say it was really a great event. Lots of cars. The wine thing was great. The people were great, even though I was seated at the NY table. :D The only way I was going to outrun the NY guys was if I kept going while they got gas in Allentown.

Hope you guys learned what a covered bridge was and treated the inside of the bridge accordingly. :rolaugh: Also, hope everyone got home to wash their cars in time. Some of the strangest weather I have ever seen in Central Jersey. From a drizzle, to a rain storm, to dry to sunny in a matter of 20 min!

For those who did not make it, they had to "open up" some more tables due to the number of people. Great day.