Srtipes 2005 yellow vert HELP

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,
Car is going in for stripes this week. I just noticed that my middle lower rear roll pan is yellow, not like most of the pictures I have seen that are black. The stripes that I have seen stop at the black, I am yellow.
On my year (2005) where it is the car color, do the stripes go through the yellow with the factory stripes.
Is this clear can anyone comment, I cannot find a post nor a picture .
Thanks ASAP

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On non-striped cars that area is body colored, so only factory striped or black solids have black. To see what the factory stripes look like, go to the gallery, 06 convertibles. I just saw a red/silver with many pictures from "sleekride". He has a good pictue of the rear. You can also go to the gallery and look at the 06 coupes. From the top of the spoiler (trunk lid) down there both the same. To see what it would like to stripe a body colored lower panel, look in the gallery, I'm sure you'll find pictures. Mike

OP
OP
F

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Redtan for the quick response.
So a car that came from the factory without stripes was painted the body color, if it had stripes it was painted black..

Any suggestions?

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have that area painted black at the same time. The paint is more of a matte finish not a gloss. Maybe someone here can give you the paint code. Post some pics when you get it back.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Redtan for the quick response.
So a car that came from the factory without stripes was painted the body color, if it had stripes it was painted black..

Any suggestions?

Look in the gallery for non-factory striped cars, there should be some as there are cars I've seen where folks added stripes to convertibles. You might find the body colored look OK, if not then you've got to paint. Also, you can always start with the stripes then
decide if you want to go black? Good luck and post pictures when your're done!

OP
OP
F

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have that paint code for the black rear pan.
Thanks for your help.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If someone does not suppply you with the code call Ron Batt at Prefix(248-650-1330 ext. 260). He should be able to give you the code. Prefix is the company who painted the factory stripes and the black portion of the rear pan.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't bother with the black, just paint your stripes and let the body shop carry it under the rear fascia until it stops. We have done numerous ones like that , and frankly it looks fantastic. The car did not come with stripes , so to get the width right is one thing, but it will fantastic just continuing underneath --- probably even cost less.

Stripes start at eight inches and progress to nine in the back , if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
F

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thaks to all and Bill for the info. Are there any pictures of thru the lower pan with the body color.
It sounds good...

Thanks to all again

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We probably had some ( pictures ) at one point, but neither Mark or I could find one at present. It does not go very far under the rear fascia , as it hooks up to the rear diffuser panel quite soon. It has a clean look, and in fact there were comments early on as to why it could not be done at the factory like that? Never got a good answer , but just think of the Vipers of old, and you might even paint through the license plate area like the 96 GTS.

Good luck, and it will look sharp!

Last edited: