875 RWHP "Thank you Underground Racing"

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
Thank you Underground Racing!

First off, let me start off by stating that Underground Racing is a first class act! I sent my Viper GTS after talking to Kevin on the phone. We agreed on what I wanted to have done to the car and he suggested things that were just not needed and a waste of money and to put that money into other areas that should be addressed. Kevin is a stand up guy and you don't have to worry about being nickeled and dimed on every little thing like some of these other shops out there. He never once called me to try and get me to buy something I didn't need or raise the price on what we had originally agreed on. This was very comforting to me and I felt even more comfortable after meeting Kevin, KC and the guys at the shop.

My Viper was sent the first time to have the Paxton Polished Supercharger Kit installed, upgraded twin fans with a polished shroud, Mc Leod twin disc clutch and lightened flywheel, AEM, UGR Custom Fuel System with billet rails, twin crank case ventilation system, braided lines/fittings and tuning. After these modifications it put down 628 RWHP. The Viper ran amazing and sounded even more amazing.

Shortly after having my Viper back, I sent it back to UGR and had the bottom end reworked and upgraded the pistons, stage III heads, custom ground supercharger cam, Roller Rockers, Bellenger Headers, Hi-flow cats , Corsa Exhaust, triple in tank walbro 255 HP pumps on billet hanger (almost silent), replaced the clutch at no extra charge due to a defect , determined AEM not functioning properly so they replaced the entire unit at no extra charge, installed Gen III Valve Covers and custom polished billet spacers, they shipped out my intake manifold for me and had it mirror polished, added a Roe Water Methanol Kit and a smaller pulley to produce 15-17 lbs boost and dyno tuned on one of the hottest days of this year where the temps were over 104+ and the humidity was enough to choke you, the car still laid down 875 RWHP :) on pump gas.

They had me come down for the weekend and hang out at the shop and see all of the magic happen before my very own eyes and to run the hell out of my car to make sure everything was ok with the car before taking it back home. They took me out to lunch the first day and even paid for me at a nice Mexican Restaurant and on the 2nd day we went to some place (wish i knew the name) that had the best sweet tea and the amount of food they gave you was insane and the hot and spicy mac-n-cheese was the best stuff since sliced bread ;)

I will be bringing my car back to dyno tune under normal temperatures and have some additonal work done again. All I can say is that Underground Racing ROCKS!!!!
Thank you Kevin, KC and Crew

Pics to follow.......
[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]
[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much did the whole operation cost? For future reference..

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT'S how a Viper tuner runs a successful business.
Good luck with it.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get ahold of Kevin? I've tried calling him a number of times and only get a recording. I've left a message and haven't heard from him.

Jason

G

grcforce327

Anyone know how to get ahold of Kevin? I've tried calling him a number of times and only get a recording. I've left a message and haven't heard from him.
Jason

I've never had a problem with phone calls or emails from Kevin!He always responds!:2tu: There is a post on the Alley for a high end paxton setup from Kevin!

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with phone calls or emails from Kevin!He always responds!:2tu: There is a post on the Alley for a high end paxton setup from Kevin!

I've been watchin' his Paxton setup thread on the Alley. Unbeleivable. I can't wait to hear from him but all I want is, er, for him to call me. :dunno: :D

Reaction score

Jason

Check your email... I hope the VCA does not remove this thread.:dunno:

Mike, glad you like it... Cant wait to see how it does in this cool weather!

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check your email... I hope the VCA does not remove this thread.:dunno:

Mike, glad you like it... Cant wait to see how it does in this cool weather!

Hi Mike! I guess you were on the dyno all-day yesterday. :drive: I'll talk to you later today. :2tu:

Here's a dumb question, but why would the VCA remove this thread?:dunno: What would be there reasoning?

Cheers
Jason

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Mike! I guess you were on the dyno all-day yesterday. :drive: I'll talk to you later today. :2tu:

Here's a dumb question, but why would the VCA remove this thread?:dunno: What would be there reasoning?

Cheers
Jason

A few weeks ago we pulled a thread and notified Kevin that we had done so. He started the thread and was propping one of his builds. That is allowed once a month for any paid up site supporter. He was not aware that his payments had lapsed as there was a lot of confusion in the transfer of invoicing from the old guy to us new guys. Kevin understood about the thread being pulled and we had a good conversation on the phone about reinstating his site supporter status. He is a standup guy and and understanding about advertising revenue being our only means of support here. He WANTS to support the site.
Indeed he has tried to pay us already but we are in the middle of reviewing pricing so we have not billed him yet, so he may think that as he has not reactivated yet we would pull this thread. We would not do that under these circumstances and indeed he did not even start the thread anyway so it would be all good even if he were NOT a site supporter. He just called my ofice and I will be calling him back shortly. All is well with this vendor, indeed I gave him major congratulations on the Horsepower Challenge thread for building Mike Baxters (1meansnake's) King of the Hill winer at that event.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I need to find a better image uploading service provider so I can post better pics :(
Why Dorothy, the answer has been in front of you the whole time! ;)

No ruby slippers necessary, as a Viper owner you can simply join the VCA and have virtually unlimited space for just about any size picture you want!

yelnice.jpg

And it should be noted that we generally prohibit photos posted with other website addresses on them, as it is an implied copyright. From the site policies:

12. Posts, uploads, links, or specific descriptive mention (by declaring their name, even if it is not an exact link) of material or web sites that do not meet the policies set fourth in the policy guidelines, or that use licensed or copyrighted material without permission are prohibited and will be subject to deletion.

Not trying to be difficult, but we have a pretty smooth-running site and Viper Owners are given every opportunity to take full advantage of all the features without having to turn to other sites for help. At least that is our goal. :2tu:

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
holy crap man... Everything is about money and infringing......give me a f@cking break!! back to what the thread was about.....

GREAT CAR!!!!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If UGR can make MAC -N- CHEESE tastes awesome by making youre car lay down almost 900RWHP then I need to give them a call.:lmao: Maybe it will make my wifes cooking taste better too?:2tu:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few weeks ago we pulled a thread and notified Kevin that we had done so. He started the thread and was propping one of his builds. That is allowed once a month for any paid up site supporter. He was not aware that his payments had lapsed as there was a lot of confusion in the transfer of invoicing from the old guy to us new guys. Kevin understood about the thread being pulled and we had a good conversation on the phone about reinstating his site supporter status. He is a standup guy and and understanding about advertising revenue being our only means of support here. He WANTS to support the site.
Indeed he has tried to pay us already but we are in the middle of reviewing pricing so we have not billed him yet, so he may think that as he has not reactivated yet we would pull this thread. We would not do that under these circumstances and indeed he did not even start the thread anyway so it would be all good even if he were NOT a site supporter. He just called my ofice and I will be calling him back shortly. All is well with this vendor, indeed I gave him major congratulations on the Horsepower Challenge thread for building Mike Baxters (1meansnake's) King of the Hill winer at that event.

Hi Lee, What's going on with the Underground issue here? I had a video link removed last night that depicted the UR record street tire run. It seems that if they have been trying to pay you guys for weeks and you are trying to get your system fixed, you would in fairness allow Underground information to continue to be posted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62