Something is missing???

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just looking at some pics on another thread with the front fascia removed. I have mine off right now getting painted and I noticed something on the driver's side corner that is not on my car. I don't know what it is that is missing so could someone help me out here? Is it critical?:dunno:

I also noticed that some ducting is gone. It is the large U-shaped duct in front of the rad/condenser assembly. I have the Roe cooling duct underneath, so was it necessary to remove this duct for the Roe pieces?

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just looking at some pics on another thread with the front fascia removed. I have mine off right now getting painted and I noticed something on the driver's side corner that is not on my car. I don't know what it is that is missing so could someone help me out here? Is it critical?:dunno:

I also noticed that some ducting is gone. It is the large U-shaped duct in front of the rad/condenser assembly. I have the Roe cooling duct underneath, so was it necessary to remove this duct for the Roe pieces?

I'm putting the Roe facia kit on right now and am taking a myriad of pics. All pics are at home right now, and I'm at work!

Regardless... Your questions.

The black plastic duct behind the facia should have been modified and retained. Probably not critical especially with the Roe kit, but you're supposed to have it.

The thing that may be missing? Well, I don't remember seeing anything there on mine, but the facia is off and I'll look tonight.

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy reply
Here is the pic I saw
Now that I think about it, this pic is of a later year and it might have to do with ABS or something
I would still appreciate if you looked on yours just to make sure

thanks,
Tim

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy reply
Here is the pic I saw
Now that I think about it, this pic is of a later year and it might have to do with ABS or something
I would still appreciate if you looked on yours just to make sure

thanks,
Tim

Yes you can see the duct that your car is missing, in that photo. What year is your car? 2001 was the first year for ABS.

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look closely at the driver's side corner in his pic you can see another part with hoses. Then look at my pic and there is a blank spot there. In fact there are holes and a flat spot for something to mount on.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is the spot for the evaporative canister. I see the purge solenoid. the big concern is where the vacuum lines that go there are? If they are not capped, monster vac. leak.

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is supposed to be a canister there then it is long gone.
However there is no vac. leak. I followed the lines and one comes in froma hard line and disappears with the fuels lines. The other goes up to the TBs.
Is there supposed to be a charcoal canister below the purge control valve? or is it just in the rear somwhere?

BTW, mine is a 97GTS

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
seperate cannister. bracket uses those holes. The hard one that joins the fuel lines goes to gas tank, this pulls the vapor from the tank. (this goes to the cannister).
The other line that snakes around to the TB's should go to the purge, the purge then connects to the cannister.

I think I remember this correctly, anyone else please chime in.