GOT MY NEW ACR YESTERDAY.... (guess which color? :)

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it's been a crazy month... on Sept 2nd, one of my friends took my ACR without my permission or knowledge and totaled it a few miles from my house. I had to fight GMAC ins. all of September to give me fair value for my car.

THEN I work a deal with a Honda dealer in Ft Lauderdale on a 9200 miles Black/Silver ACR for $48k, and they sell it to someone else 2 days before my flight was scheduled (after we had worked a deal).

Well, on Tuesday my brother, wife and I made the trip to Cleveland OH to see a 99 ACR with 2000 miles, one owner car that I found searching old eBay auctions that didn't sell. I had no idea what to expect, the pictures were tiny and he had no eBay feedback, so I decided to go up there and check it out.

Well the car was a BEAUTY!

Not a scratch on it, wheels had no curb rash, no under nose scrapes at all (wow), completely stock except for $1200 in various MGW bolt ons (gas assembly cover that said ACR, shifter knob, side sill plates, etc.). Took the car to Strongsville Dodge (20 min drive away), got car on lift, underbody looked brand new, heck tires were brand new with 2000 miles! They said it looked like it came out of a time capsule. Had been garage kept all this time and only driven about 250 miles a year average.

After some negotiating I bought the car for $46,000 (yes, 46!) Insurance gave me $48k so I will use the other 2 towards new catback and headers. My old car had 44k miles so what an upgrade!

Well, it's two days later... now it is home in my garage, and still only has 2500 miles. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Look forward to seeing some of you at Tony's house later this month!

Wife took this photo as we were leaving the Dodge dealer:

You must be registered for see images attach

Gassing up later that evening:

Odometer after the trip:

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to score dude..glad the whole painful ordeal came to a good conclusion for you. Beautiful car. Now hide your keys from your friends......

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Admit it, you feel a bit like a crook who scored the perfect crime.

HEY! That Left-Rear INNER WHEEL WELL looks a bit funky.................. !!!!!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it's been a crazy month... on Sept 2nd, one of my friends took my ACR without my permission or knowledge and totaled it a few miles from my house. I had to fight GMAC ins. all of September to give me fair value for my car.

Great looking car!

But I am curious why you say here that your car was taken without your permission, but here...

http://forums.viperclub.org/showpost.php?p=2432547&postcount=3

...you say you let your friend drive it? :dunno:

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hehe... yeah gotta get that panel to cover the battery.. (when original battery died, someone told him where the battery was so he broke the panel covering it to jump it off). No one told him where the positive booster connection was under the hood. He bought and gave me what he thought was the replacement, but it was the larger piece that covered most of the wheelwell but not the battery.

Hey Jon how did you see that from the photos? Man you're good because it wasn't visible in the pics above... I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I called you yesterday and asked if you could help me get the panel :)

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car!

But I am curious why you say here that your car was taken without your permission, but here...

http://forums.viperclub.org/showpost.php?p=2432547&postcount=3

...you say you let your friend drive it? :dunno:

If you read the thread that I started on the subject, I stated that he had driven it before with my permission, but it was at VCA cruises etc. and I typically rode shotgun. On this particular occasion he was in my garage while I was away, and he took the car without my knowledge or authorization.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you read the thread that I started on the subject, I stated that he had driven it before with my permission, but it was at VCA cruises etc. and I typically rode shotgun. On this particular occasion he was in my garage while I was away, and he took the car without my knowledge or authorization.

Thank you for the clarification!

You do look like an honest fellow standing next to your gorgeous new prize!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car, good luck with it.
Heck of a deal too, thats car's brand new.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small nit........I think I would change your signature line to indicate 2.3K miles or whatever it is now vice 23K miles

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow you got a STEAL on an 99 ACR there. That car could easily of gone for 50K if not a bit more. The only year for Black ACR's with Forged internals :)

TrainerDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
N

THEN I work a deal with a Honda dealer in Ft Lauderdale on a 9200 miles Black/Silver ACR for $48k, and they sell it to someone else 2 days before my flight was scheduled (after we had worked a deal).

Well, on Tuesday my brother, wife and I made the trip to Cleveland OH to see a 99 ACR with 2000 miles, one owner car that I found searching old eBay auctions that didn't sell. I had no idea what to expect, the pictures were tiny and he had no eBay feedback, so I decided to go up there and check it out.

Well the car was a BEAUTY!

Not a scratch on it, wheels had no curb rash, no under nose scrapes at all (wow), completely stock except for $1200 in various MGW bolt ons (gas assembly cover that said ACR, shifter knob, side sill plates, etc.). Took the car to Strongsville Dodge (20 min drive away), got car on lift, underbody looked brand new, heck tires were brand new with 2000 miles! They said it looked like it came out of a time capsule. Had been garage kept all this time and only driven about 250 miles a year average.

After some negotiating I bought the car for $46,000 (yes, 46!) Insurance gave me $48k so I will use the other 2 towards new catback and headers. My old car had 44k miles so what an upgrade!

Well, it's two days later... now it is home in my garage, and still only has 2500 miles. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Look forward to seeing some of you at Tony's house later this month!

Wife took this photo as we were leaving the Dodge dealer:

Gassing up later that evening:

Odometer after the trip:

Nice score!!!, I have its identical twin in my garage, glad to see you came out ahead.:2tu:

V

Venomiss

Congratulations!! Now just plan a cruise in your new ride to see all the fall colors.:drive:
(Be sure to hide your keys when you are not at home.....;) )

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ABsolute BEAUTY there!!! To obtain a BLACK ACR, man you are one lucky dude!!! Congrats on your gorgeous purchase...have fun with your mods!~~~ENJOY!! ~juli
Of course it would be BLACK/SILVER!

MarkRx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome car dude, cant believe the price.

Glad this all worked out for you.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow you got a STEAL on an 99 ACR there. That car could easily of gone for 50K if not a bit more. The only year for Black ACR's with Forged internals :)
Wow, I'll say he stole it. High 50's os more like it.

Congrats, it is a beautiful car. I think I would have grabbed that sucker and put it in the garage next to my Sapphire GTS for that price.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great buy! Glad you finally had some luck. Welcome back to the Blk/Sil club. lol

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....heck tires were brand new with 2000 miles! ....After some negotiating I bought the car for $46,000 (yes, 46!) Insurance gave me $48k so I will use the other 2 towards new catback and headers.

Just a suggestion, You might consider whether you should buy new tires if the ones on the car are 8 or 9 years old. If the car was stored where UV or ozone couldn't get at them, they may still be OK;but, I'd be a bit concerned.

Plus, I read that the new PS2 tires make the car handle even better, and you are in a great part of the country for having nice curvy roads!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You stole that car! As much as I hate to see prices drop, it kinda makes me happy that these cars are dropping in price. Maybe I'll be able to afford a second ACR down the road. What will be even better, is when the parts prices drop by about 80%. Enjoy your new ride!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you still friends??

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great find and fantastic buy! Don't chance it, use the $2,000 extra from insurance to replace those tires right away. I would not care how good they look, 8+ year old tires on a performance car is dangerous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh