Question on Porting Heads

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to have my heads ported on my Gen 3. I do not have a super charger as of yet, but I will have one for nexted driving season. I was wondering if anyone has a Paxton super charger and has had there heads ported. How many CFM's at given RPM's did you have your heads ported too. Just need some kinda baseline to go with. Thanks Rick:omg:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to have my heads ported on my Gen 3. I do not have a super charger as of yet, but I will have one for nexted driving season. I was wondering if anyone has a Paxton super charger and has had there heads ported. How many CFM's at given RPM's did you have your heads ported too. Just need some kinda baseline to go with. Thanks Rick:omg:
I just had my heads ported by Chuck Tator and his gang of hooligans up in Tatorville NY (actually South Salem, NY). Chuck is one of the legends in Viperville. I will be adding a s/c or a TT next year.

Give Chuck a call at 914 763 3136, he'll take care of you.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mamba, is your car out of the shop now? How's it feel now with the ported heads? Anything else you get done to the car?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
greg good is the absolute only person id ever let touch mine. he does great work at great prices. call him first !!!

713-830-1103

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I have Stryker heads on my Paxton car. They make very good horsepower and torque.

If there is a downside to bigger heads / ported heads on a supercharged car, it would be that you may have issues getting the boost up high if you want to. I have a 3-inch pulley on my Paxton and can only get 11.5 psi peak at 6250 rpm. Guys with smaller heads can get to 15 psi at 6000 rpm with that same pulley. They can make as much or more hp than I can with the smaller heads and more boost. I do seem to have a torque advantage with more torque over a wider rpm range.

I think I'd stay with the stock heads and do a polish / flow job rather than get bigger heads or do a big port job on a super charged car.

Talk to the head guys in detail before you decide.

Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper