Starter turned and car went dead

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I head one freaky experience with car's electric which I don't understand yet. I was on a ride and stopped to get a cofee. When I wanted to continue I started a car - only to get maybe quarter spin and then everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) went dead. Not a freaking miliamper or volt. I checked the fuse box and all fuses were OK. There was NO voltage between positive and negative on the fuse box.

I thought maybe battery exploded so I went to check it. I shorted it once and got almost nothing. Then shorted it second time and third time and got better short every time. Then, all of a sudden, electric started to work and I was able to start the car without a problem.

Since then I started the car numerous times and have still the same battery and everything is ok. Is there some current based breaker between battery and the fuse box perhaps protecting against too high current? Or (I doubt) does the OEM battery have this kind of protection in it? I am sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but this experience left me in the blank.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like corroded dirty battery terminals at the battery to me and when you start shorting it then the load welds the terminal to the battery and makes a better connection.